New, unjinxed, Predators Thread

For non-NFL sports. As if they mattered.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

You wouldn't know a debit if it bit you in the ass.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Report: Preds may be headed to Kansas City


Kariya
The National Post is reporting that Nashville owner Craig Leipold will sell the Predators to California businessman William "Boots" DelBiaggio, who will move the team to Kansas City when the Nashville lease expires.
The rumored amount of money is $190 million which is almost $50 million less than Canadian Jim Balsillie offered for the Predators a month ago. Balsillie was going to move the team to the Southern Ontario market and it seems that Leipold would rather lose $50 million and have the team move to Kansas City rather than Hamilton. Stay tuned as this story is far from over. Jun. 28 - 7:25 am et
Source: National Post
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

Presumptuous Canadians!
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

Calling us morons? That was pretty rude. I've been looking into this money in professional sports thing and what I am finding is that most teams lose money year to year. As they are losing revenue however, the franchises are gaining value at about 10-25% a year. Supply and demand, I guess.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

I don't want to hear any lectures from you about rudeness. You use the word "bitch" like it is punctuation.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

What are you talking about? I looked back over a year and I have used that word or a form of it 3 times. Only once referring to a person or persons and it was used in a friendly sense. So, uh what else you got?
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

NHL.com Jun 29, 2007, 1:12 PM EDT

TORONTO/NEW YORK – The National Hockey League Players’ Association and the National Hockey League announced today that the Team Payroll Range established for the 2007-08 League Year, pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, provides for a Lower Limit of $34.3 million, an Adjusted Midpoint of $42.3 million and an Upper Limit of $50.3 million.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

oh great.....

The Detroit Red Wings have signed, Michigan-born defenseman, Brian Rafalski to a five-year, $30 million contract.
Rafalski registered 47 assists and set a career-high in points with 55 in 82 games last campaign with the Devils. He was one of the most coveted free agent defensemen on the market due to his scoring touch, longevity, and mobility. Jul. 1 - 4:17 pm et
Source: TSN.ca
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE FLYERS GETTING ALL SHIS MONEY???

Daniel Briere inked an eight-year deal worth $52 million with the Philadelphia Flyers.
The contract, which also includes a no-movement clause, will pay him $6.5 million on average per season, but the first year of the deal will net him $10 million. Briere was one of the most sought after unrestricted free agents to hit the market. Jul. 1 - 4:00 pm et
Source: TSN.ca
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Those last 2 posts were Anthony.
Post Reply