Page 2 of 5
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:54 am
by Jonathan S.
I'm fairly certain that Anthony doesn't want a rsoter reduction; so, I can't imagine why he would try to start this up again. He even started a new thread elsewhere.
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:46 am
by Oompa Midgets
actually, i say we should drop it to 23 with a 2-player IR limit !!!
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:38 am
by Jonathan S.
I say no.
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:06 pm
by wolfe
I like the idea of roster and IR reduction.
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:34 pm
by wagordy
I do too. I thknk the roster should be reduced by 1 and the IR should be no more than 3. Injuries are a large part of this game so you need several spots. Wnat to keep it competitive.
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:06 pm
by Oompa Midgets
by limiting the IR to 2 you make owners make tough decisions about whether or not to drop someone they wouldn't like to drop, THUS KEEPING IT MORE COMPETITIVE!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:53 pm
by bstock
i say nay
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:58 pm
by Agitator
we should have more freezers and less midgets
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:26 pm
by Jonathan S.
I think Anthony is just looking for a situation similar to Michelle's from a couple of year's ago when she had several stars all go down, so as maybe to be forutnate to gobble one up and stoy him away.
So, let's say someone has worked hard at the draft, and with trades and by freezing over the years. God forbid they have 3 or 4 STAR players go down, WHOOPS you can only have 2 on IR, so to hold onto those stars, that person would have to keep them on their roster and have 1 or 2 less ACTIVE players than everyone else? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? IT DOESN'T.
IR limitation wouldn't make this league more competitive. That's a ridiculous argument. IR is IR, there should be no limit on how many players you have on IR. NOW, with that being said, stricter ENFORCEMENT, should be applied to IR transactions because IR has been abused in the past.
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:26 pm
by Jonathan S.
Stoy should have been store.