Page 2 of 2

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:37 pm
by The Guru
Ol Miss and David Cutcliffe cost us at least 2 more titles. The majority of the 98 team were back in 99. I know Arkansas beat us on the road in 99 and I seen the wheels slowly coming off back then.

I think the Clause years began in 2000 and in was like expecting the team to implode any second in those next 5 years. Only Chavis's defensive saved Fulmers job and the hangover of the 98 NC team.

We would still be in big trouble if two events had not taking place 1) Ol miss fired Cutcliffe posibly the next coach to get a major top tier program and 2) he got sick and resigned from the Notre Dame offensive cordinator position before the season began last year. Thats how good and respected he is that he got Charlie Wiess's seal of approval.

How long will he stay? Apparently he really likes Crompton so I think he will hang around to work with him and leave again which will leave us in Dire Straits again. So enjoy it while he is here.

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:44 pm
by bstock
The TN win was an anomaly. They'll be back to suck form. DOWN WITH THE VOLS!!!

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:47 pm
by Jonathan S.
Crompton looked tough last night. I like his moxie.

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:50 pm
by Jonathan S.
N.D. should have lost. Best sign I saw yesterday was...Calvin, Beating Catholics since 1539 (or so).

Chan Galey should be fired NOW; if they would have gotten him the ball, that game would have been a different story. But, they do have Reggie Ball; so, the blame should be split between Galey and Ball.

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:51 pm
by Jonathan S.
Him = Calvin, for those of you who don't know.

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:09 pm
by bstock
i saw that sign during pregame show at the campus - that was clever