Page 2 of 10
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:42 pm
by Jonathan S.
You all know that I am totally against a reduction in roster size; however, I am up for moderately limiting positions.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:56 pm
by Oompa Midgets
i am just the opposite, i would rather reduce the roster size by a couple rather than having position limits.....
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:01 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
I dont understand how either of those things make any difference or make the league more competitive. Yes there would be 24 extra people on waivers if you dropped rosters to 23. That would be 24 players that couldnt even help your team any better than any of the ones already there. They would all be everyones bottom 2. Position limits are basically the same thing....even if I have 7 LB's, if I drop 2 of them will anyone rush to pick them up?? They would be players that would never see anyones starting lineups anyway. If you limit your savers to 5 instead of 7 or have "contracts" then that would spice things up. There would be more than 3 people out of 12 involved in trading....there would be more attention paid to the draft...and teams could become more competitive.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:10 pm
by Oompa Midgets
jsmall and i have had this conversation many times, and we both agree that it is not our fault this league is not as competitive as it could be....we do our due diligence just like everyone else could/should!!!
reducing the roster to 23 SOLVES your bitching about the draft being toooo long...wasn't that a gripe of yours?!?
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:11 pm
by Jonathan S.
Well, John, take those ideas and start a new league.
I'm not enthused at all by any reduction anywhere, unless it's HFA.
Why do I care if people trade? I hardly ever trade. How does that spice things up? The goal is to win, not to see how many trades I can be involved in.
Contracts are ridiculous, go play in a rotisserie league or something, or get your kicks with Madden 08.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:14 pm
by Oompa Midgets
i will agree to reduce the roster to 23 if we abolish HFA.....
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:15 pm
by Jonathan S.
I might concede that, but maybe only to 24.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:20 pm
by wolfe
Stop trying to get rid of HFA. Take those ideas and start your own league.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:23 pm
by Jonathan S.
That's a good idea.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:29 pm
by Oompa Midgets
wolfe, you and will both thought that would be a good idea when we discussed it at the preds game last season...do you not like that idea now???