Page 2 of 2
Re: Salary Cap League
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:06 pm
by Oompa Midgets
wolfe wrote:What about the cost of the league? League fees. Transaction Fees. Penalty fees for salary cap violations...........
Keep reading, you haven't gotten there yet
There is a blind-bidding waiver period and then a first come first served which costs sim bucks.
As for the cost of the league I don't care. I just want to ensure that it remains competitive, and many times a league fee is the best way to do so. I'd be willing to go as low as $20 per franchise to cover the MFL fee and trophy along with a few small cash prizes. I also use to think that it might get watered down with a 16-team league, but that is where the good drafting/waivers/trading really come in to play!
Re: Salary Cap League
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:25 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.
Re: Salary Cap League
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:46 pm
by Agitator
the Man, the Myth... wrote:It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.
what site are you going to do this on? i know you have no clue how to make an actual site to run this. i may be interested (as long as you don't tell my old lady).
Re: Salary Cap League
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:51 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Agitator wrote:the Man, the Myth... wrote:It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.
what site are you going to do this on? i know you have no clue how to make an actual site to run this. i may be interested (as long as you don't tell my old lady).
If you had read my post two replies prior you would see that I intend to use MFL.

Re: Salary Cap League
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:56 pm
by Oompa Midgets
the Man, the Myth... wrote:It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.
It might seem that way at first, but you get acclimated to it really fast. The only extra weekly thing that you have to keep up with would be WAIVERS. It is really easy, and it is not a league that caters to RBs which is another thing I like! It has become my favorite league setup. The salaries add another dimension to FF. We have talked about incorporating such into these leagues already. Instead of an owner drafting a good rookie RB and "keeping" him for his 8-10 year career you have to make tough decisions regarding his future and your trade options! I promise that anyone who joins will absolutely love it!!!
Re: Salary Cap League
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:59 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Agitator wrote:the Man, the Myth... wrote:It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.
what site are you going to do this on? i know you have no clue how to make an actual site to run this. i may be interested (as long as you don't tell my old lady).
Hell, we may get Amber to join! She keeps up with it more than some guys that play (I'm not saying in MTFFL).
Re: Salary Cap League
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:04 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
Oompa Midgets wrote:the Man, the Myth... wrote:It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.
It might seem that way at first, but you get acclimated to it really fast. The only extra weekly thing that you have to keep up with would be WAIVERS. It is really easy, and it is not a league that caters to RBs which is another thing I like! It has become my favorite league setup. The salaries add another dimension to FF. We have talked about incorporating such into these leagues already. Instead of an owner drafting a good rookie RB and "keeping" him for his 8-10 year career you have to make tough decisions regarding his future and your trade options! I promise that anyone who joins will absolutely love it!!!
You promise we will love it?? How could we love it if your running the league??

At least with you as Commish though...we would all be clear on the proper use of IR and when a player can or cannot be placed there!!!

Re: Salary Cap League
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:10 pm
by Oompa Midgets
I am yet to commish a league. That is something I've been thinking about the passed couple seasons. I had others want me to do so, but I was in to many other leagues this season to commit to that. I plan on cutting my leagues down next season if we get this one going.
Re: Salary Cap League
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:59 pm
by wagordy
I might be interested. Keep me posted.
Re: Salary Cap League
Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:47 pm
by Oompa Midgets
I'm thinking of only going with Distance of TD for defensive players since they don't receive points for return yards. It may be overkill to give an offensive player up to 12 points for a TD. I'm in a couple leagues that do distance of td scoring, but they are not IDP leagues. I am cutting both of those two next season.
8 franchises still available!