Page 2 of 2
Re: Draft Board Software
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:04 am
by Oompa Midgets
wagordy wrote:wolfe wrote:wagordy wrote:In that case go for the Draft Board! It is nicer.
Is that a vote for the paper draft board? Or digital?
We need to decide in the next week or two. It takes at least a week to ship the paper board.
Paper.
Why don't you just make a home-made version by using poster board and a sharpie instead of spending all my money

Re: Draft Board Software
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:18 am
by wolfe
It won't save any money. I did the math a few years ago.
First you have to tell me where I can find a piece of paper that big. Otherwise I'd be taping many 8 1/2 x 11 sheets together. Then my line drawings skills aren't that good so all the lines would be crooked.
Second, the cost of the labels alone would be more than what I pay for a Draft Kit. Then I would have to get a database of all the players. Load them into label templates and spend a few hours printing them out.
Bottom line is there is no way that I would do myself. I already spend several hours per league applying the keeper labels and trades before the draft starts. It's only $30 per league.
Re: Draft Board Software
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:19 pm
by woody
I vote for paper...stupid trees
Re: Draft Board Software
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:16 pm
by Agitator
Oompa Midgets wrote:Why don't you just make a home-made version by using poster board and a sharpie instead of spending all my money
sounds like you're volunteering! go ahead and make us one...
if it sucks, we'll all give you a hard time about it all day and probably throughout the season.
Re: Draft Board Software
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 pm
by wolfe
Paper Draft boards were ordered today.