Page 2 of 4
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:27 am
by Oompa Midgets
Then exercise your right to vote against it if it comes to a vote.
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:49 am
by wolfe
Another pugnacious outburst by Smallwood. Your objection has been noted.
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:19 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
Sounds like a good plan to me.
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:58 pm
by wagordy
Ok.... I've thought it over. Don't like it.
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:48 am
by Oompa Midgets
wagordy wrote:Ok.... I've thought it over. Don't like it.
Could it be because you have more than 2 WR you'd like to keep?!?

Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:35 am
by the Man, the Myth...
I would vote against it as well. I agree with Jonathon. We have 7 keepers and we should be allowed to dispense those however we may choose. If anything were to change, I would prefer a limit on the length of time you can have a player. Whether it be 3 years or whatever. That would essentially do the same thing you proposed Anthony and make the draft "more interesting". Someone would either have to trade Peyton Manning or just drop him to be taken in the draft etc etc. Doing things this way would add all sorts of different dimensions to the game.
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:13 pm
by wagordy
Oompa Midgets wrote:wagordy wrote:Ok.... I've thought it over. Don't like it.
Could it be because you have more than 2 WR you'd like to keep?!?

And Bingo was his name-o!
That and I like the league how it is really. But if it was implemented I wouldnt be too upset.
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:46 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Okay, expect more domination from the Loompas!
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:53 pm
by Jonathan S.
Oompa Midgets wrote:Okay, expect more domination from the Loompas!
Yeah, your proposal would only make this league more competitive for you...enjoy your dominance and sorry that we're not up to the challenge of competing against the Oompas.
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:25 pm
by woody
I like it, mainly because I've always been shallow at RB. It's taken me 3-4 years to get one or two halfway decent RBs. It's frustrating to see someone who is fairly deep at that position freeze 4-5 of them year after year, despite the fact that you can't start that many. On the other hand, I understand that everyone has equal ability to draft well and hold on to players who perform consistently, but in the interest of a more competitive league, I'm open to making some type of change.
What about setting some sort of freeze limit that is commensurate (sp?) with how many players can be started in any one position? I.e. a team can only freeze one QB, since you cannot start more than one QB...