Page 2 of 4

Re: Freebies

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:33 am
by wolfe
Aw, don't be mean. I kind of like seeing his "locks" blow up in his face like in Week 1. Keep 'em coming.

Re: Freebies

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:12 am
by Oompa Midgets
bstock wrote:Who cares...
Anyone who wants to make money :wink:

Re: Freebies

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:25 am
by Oompa Midgets
wolfe wrote:Aw, don't be mean. I kind of like seeing his "locks" blow up in his face like in Week 1. Keep 'em coming.
Week 1 is the most unpredictable. No one thought the 49ers would be 0-3 as they were predicted by practically everyone to win their division! Funny how you don't wanna give credit, but only knock. How about those Week 2 and 3 picks where I picked the dog that won outright?

1st league:
Week 2, 0-6, everyone chose the Vikings to beat the the Fins.
Week 3, 1-5, only one chose the Seahawks over the Chargers.
2nd league:
Week 2, 0-5, once again everyone picked the Vikings.
Week 3, 2-3, two owners picked the Seahawks correctly.

So our owners went 0-11 and 3-8, and yet I won money on both dogs! I'm sure some of those were duplicate picks, and I'll also point out that I missed all of those as well because I chose my picks before doing my analysis.

We should put $5 each in the NFL Picks and the Survivor Pool next season. Winner take all. That would keep it interesting!

Re: Freebies

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:33 am
by Oompa Midgets
I'm 2-1, and I will try the 49ers again this week +7. The public is putting their money on the Falcons, almost 70%. The Falcons just played a very emotional game against their biggest rival, the Saints. Will they get up for the 0-3 49ers, I don't think so. This is a must win for the 49ers if the wish to salvage this season.

Re: Freebies

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:50 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Make that 3 in a row for my freebies. San Fran blew another game, but at least they covered the spread. I also won on the Browns today. 2-0 today, 3-0-1 this weekend. Cash money!

Re: Freebies

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:25 am
by Oompa Midgets
wolfe wrote:Aw, don't be mean. I kind of like seeing his "locks" blow up in his face like in Week 1. Keep 'em coming.
Also, why do you think "lock" was in quotation marks? Because there are no true locks :wink:

Re: Freebies

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:28 am
by Oompa Midgets
Week 1: loss
Week 2: win
Week 3: win
Week 4: win

Week 5: I'm going to take the Broncos +7.5 versus the Ravens. This line is over-inflated because of the Ravens final minute victory over Steelers last week.

Re: Freebies

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:57 am
by Jonathan S.
Because you present them as "stone cold locks." Are you calling Jonathan Stone's hotline weekly? Just kidding.

Re: Freebies

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:14 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Jonathan S. wrote:Because you present them as "stone cold locks." Are you calling Jonathan Stone's hotline weekly? Just kidding.
lol, never did such...just trying to help some of you feeble old men make some extra cash :)

Re: Freebies

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:15 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Oompa Midgets wrote:Week 1: loss
Week 2: win
Week 3: win
Week 4: win

Week 5: I'm going to take the Broncos +7.5 versus the Ravens. This line is over-inflated because of the Ravens final minute victory over Steelers last week.
Lost my lock again, but I went 1-1. I actually felt better about this one than the Eagles +3.5. I lost some juice :)