Page 2 of 6
Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:05 pm
by wagordy
Folesed again!
Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:48 pm
by wildest fantasy
Ok, if that’s what the league wants, but it doesn’t hurt to revisit these things sometimes. I’m just throwing out my ideas in case somebody hadn’t thought about it. Also, I don’t mean to suggest that Ernie’s team doesn’t deserve a playoff spot (more on that later). What I’m saying is there are two other teams that deserve it based on H2H records and we are a H2H league.
Again, we rank based on overall H2H records with individual matchup H2H tie breakers for all positions except one. For that 4th spot we are a points race league. It’s that departure from the whole format that offends my engineering brain’s sense of order. If we’re a H2H league, let’s be a H2H league. If we think H2H is imperfect for the 4th spot, isn’t it equally imperfect for all other spots?
Also, I am suggesting that the rule to put the high scoring team in 4th spot seems to be a recognition by the league that H2H is not always a measure of a team’s strength and we want the strongest teams in the playoffs. But, in fact, the points total may not be the best indicator either. What if a consistently average scoring team blows up a couple weeks for over 250 points and beats out a solid above average scoring team on total? Instead of compensating for a strong team that may have had a couple weeks of bad luck we’re just rewarding an average team that may have had a couple weeks of good luck. Is that fair? Power rank, guys. That’s what it’s for.
Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:55 pm
by wildest fantasy
Well, I was gonna post more but I just realized this is getting long and I'm tired. So, tomorrow while my team is schooling you chumps on the field, I'll try to have a clinic here to school you guys about why Ernie should be in, I should be out, points race kills competition, and how this league is like an orgy!
Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:00 am
by woody
What is this "playoff" word everyone keeps using? The season ends after Week 14, right? You mean to tell me you guys have been having games in Weeks 15 &16 without the Knuckledraggers? This is an outrage.
Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:58 pm
by wagordy
woody wrote:What is this "playoff" word everyone keeps using? The season ends after Week 14, right? You mean to tell me you guys have been having games in Weeks 15 &16 without the Knuckledraggers? This is an outrage.
I am sorry you had to find out this way.

Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:59 pm
by wagordy
Also, I think I am about another quarter of real football away from conceding defeat in my game. It is a lost cause already.
Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:32 pm
by wolfe
Eric,
Those are all good points. Keep the discussion going, because this is the only time of year that people seem to voice opinions. Many of the league owners don't come here for discussions until September.
Keep in mind that Head-to-Head is a significant part of the Power Rank on MyFantasyLeague.com.
http://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... nk+formula
Points per Starter average +
Points per Bench average +
Average All Wins per Week +
Actual wins +
Division wins
So actually a division win is doubled in the formula. I think Points-per-Bench would add a different draft strategy for most people.
Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:42 pm
by wagordy
Congrats Punishers! I gave you very little resistance .... not my best game. Good Luck next week.
Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:50 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
Thanks Will. I appreciate that!
Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:49 am
by eazye187
wildest fantasy wrote:So, tomorrow while my team is schooling you chumps on the field
So much for that...
Ernie