Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

For the original MTFFL.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

On a side note:

My two year old son loves Elmo. He was sitting in my lap when I first saw the Katy Perry in an Elmo T-shirt gif. We both shouted Elmo in unison, although I believe it may have been for different reasons! :lol:
...The Legend
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

Post by wolfe »

I like seeing a notice about this thread because it means I get to scroll down the page and visit with Katy Perry for a while.
... but now we're on Page 2 it hardly seems worth it.

Ernie,
I keep a database of all the scores. Although I don't have a page set up to view this type of information, I can query it for any data. The team/year is http://www.mtffl.com/week-to-week.php?t=9&s=2004
The Punishers are just 313 points from the record. With an average score of 182 so far, it looks like the record is about to fall.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Re: Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

Post by woody »

the Man, the Myth... wrote:Its ok Jeff, we will forgive you this time.

It doesn't matter anyway, with the season that the Punishers (MTFFL 1) and the Havoc (MTFFL 2) have had, Im fully expecting to be bounced out of the playoffs the first week. They are a combined 19-1 so far this season. They will both be lucky to finish third.
You say you're afraid of being...bounced out?
Image
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Re: Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

Post by bstock »

Here is KP's butt...

Image


Happy wild card race.
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Well, it looks like The Punishers broke the single season scoring record. Lets just hope that's not their last claim to fame on the 2013 season! Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.
...The Legend
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

Post by wolfe »

It was a pretty amazing season. Your team consistently scored higher than everyone else. Your 'All Play' rating is 0.890. That is amazing. I looked back over all the other seasons and no one was above 0.8.

And this graph says a lot, too.
http://www.mtffl.com/scoresbyweek_graph ... 2013&id=23
Your score (red line) never goes below the league average (black line). I looked at a few other other high scoring teams in the past and could not find one like yours. You never had a bad week! Even when you lost you still scored 163. Pretty amazing season.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Re: Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

Post by bstock »

Image
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Not to toot my own horn......but.....another cool stat I realized while looking at the History yesterday, was that I am the only owner to win back-to-back Championships in both MTFFL and MTFFL II. I would have thought that Mr. Fowler would have done it, but although had a three peat in the second league, he never did win back-to-back in the first league. The other person that I thought might have done it was Smallwood. He has won the Championship 4 times in league one but only once in the second league.
...The Legend
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

Post by Jonathan S. »

Congrats....and I was first to win both simultaneously.....to too my own horn...cause that's all I've got history...and the #1 pick next year.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Re: Playoffs 2013 - I know it's early...

Post by bstock »

The same year fantasy football was invented? Freaking tooters up in here. Seriously, punishers have been outstanding. Living on in infamfy, but Katy's butt is still pretty nice.
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
Post Reply