Player Dropping

New rules and discussion of rule changes.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Player Dropping

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

I'm not sure why I'm still arguing my point but.....

If Cyprien hadn't gotten hurt in the first game and hadn't missed the second, he would be in first place in scoring for CB & S. So based on what you are saying, you would have still dropped him because it doesn't matter? There is only a 4 point average difference between 1st and 24th? I'm still going to say bs. I would dare say that it would be hard to find other players that were in the top 5 in scoring at their position that was dropped mid season, let alone 1st place at their position where Cyprien should be. Traded? Sure. Just flat out dropped? No way.

Jeff, I see your point, but it isn't the same. We all pay our $50 starting out. If I choose not to effectively manage my team, then that's my fault and its on me. But to drop a player mid season who is ranked fourth at his position and really would be first had it not been for injury the first two games, is unheard of. It is what it is, I would have hated for my competition to have gotten him and used him against me. It's not as if he doesn't have players to drop that he could have easily gotten back after this week. Most people would have carried this guy through the bye week just like they do all of their other players.
...The Legend
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Re: Player Dropping

Post by wagordy »

This is a really odd argument in the first place. When Riverboat Gamblers dropped Gronkowski in week 10 of 2011 and Michelle picked him up there was not a single peep. He just came off two games 21 and 26 points just prior to him being dropped....
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Re: Player Dropping

Post by wagordy »

And he is not #4 at his position he is basically top 2. Just an observation.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
Post Reply