Page 2 of 2

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:14 am
by Jonathan S.
No one wants to pick Carolina?

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:53 pm
by Oompa Midgets
i went to bed bout 6am, but i was pre-occupied...
i told u guys the CARDS are goin all the way...

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:15 pm
by wolfe
Yes, Scott, I have a degree. But it's not like I finished with flying colors! (What the fuck are flying colors anyway?)

I had to go to azcardinals.com to figure out who the Cards QB's were. McCown and Blake. I don't see them as Super Bowl QB's (but then again, who saw Delhomme before last year?) The Cards have some building blocks at WR and RB and a decent defense, but there are definitely stronger NFC teams than Arizona. But they have Denny Green now, so they may turn their shit around.

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:38 pm
by wolfe
Decent defense? I just looked up AZ's defensive stats from 2003. Next to last in the NFC in yards and dead last in the conference in points. (Hey, what do I know?) The Cards will need a huge improvement on D to make it to the Super Bowl.

I think Arizona has a lot of cap room, so they should probably look to sign Kurt Warner and hope that he can connect with Boldin. God Dammit, Anthony, why are you making me research the Cardinals so much! They signed Shawn King, so now they have three career backup losers - King, McCown & Blake.

Just because they have the league all-time leading rusher doesn't mean that he will be able to help them - or that he will even start. Green has already said that Shipp is the starter. But look for Smith to push him during camp.

I'm amazed at my typing ability at 12:30 in the morning (thanks to the inventor of the backspace key - Thanks Greg Sniper!) I gotta go to Louisville in the morning so see ya!

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:55 am
by Jonathan S.
Just think what might happen if they (Cards) get Firzgerald at number 3.