Page 2 of 2
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:40 pm
by Jonathan S.
Well, now there are two jerseys that I can't wear this year.
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:59 pm
by Agitator
In a follow-up to our earlier story, AP reports free-agent RB Antowain Smith is indeed joining the Tennessee Titans. He will compete for time with second-year RB Chris Brown and FB Robert Holcombe. "Tennessee presented the best option to me to win a third Super Bowl ring," said Smith, who was on New England's two Super Bowl winners. "I am not here to fill Eddie George's shoes. Those are very large shoes to fill," Smith said. "I am here to do whatever is asked of me, help the team win and not step on any toes." ?Antowain is a quality player that has championship experience,? Titans GM Floyd Reese said. ?He?s been successful and reliable throughout his career, and we expect him to compete and be productive for us.?
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:02 pm
by Agitator
The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans have reached a one-year contract agreement with free agent RB Antowain Smith (Patriots). Smith, 32, will get the veteran minimum of $660,000. He'll receive a signing bonus of roughly $25,000, but he'll have a chance to earn additional money through various incentives
I guess he'll have to do then! Antowain, Antowain, Antowain!!!