Page 2 of 4
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:55 am
by wagordy
There aren't to many tie brakers that come into play.
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:56 am
by Oompa Midgets
exactly why i offer that suggestion!!!
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:09 am
by woody
I'm beginning to dislike it. I still would have lost this week, but only by 1.2 pts. without HFA. (After Rod Gardner got me 31.7 pts. last night!!???!?!) I agree that in the real world there is an advantage to playing at home, but not 7 points worth. I think we should keep it, but change the amount to maybe 3pts.
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:21 pm
by The Guru
The HFA advantage is still too high, it is basically spotting the " home team " a touchdown, and not one stadium is worth 7 points for a home team in the actual NFL. Three or four points would be about right.
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:45 pm
by Agitator
when is the last time you saw an NFL team score 100 or even 200 points in one game?......NEVER
leave the HFA alone
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:53 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
I hate HTA more than anyone has ever hated HTA. But, the NFL home winning percentage for 2002(this is the only year I could find home and away stats) was 59% and the home winning percentage, with 10 points, for the MTFFL over the last 3 seasons(not including this year) is 58%. Digest as you see fit.
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:57 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
This year home teams are winning 83%.
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:05 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
I just calculate the NFL stats for 2001(54.8 hwp) and 2003(61.3 hwp). 2001-2003 NFL vs. MTFFL 58.4% vs. 58%. Man that sucks.
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:06 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
I vote we move it back to 10.
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:45 pm
by Jonathan S.
Bite it.