Reported on the radio this morning was that the NFL Office and Commisioner Goodell were going to wait until the criminal process played itself out with the Michael Vick situation; apparently, to save face it was noted that Vick is a first offender.
Well, what do you guys think?
Double standard? It's Goodell's first problem with a star of the league. Is he really a first offender? What does that mean? Apparently it would mean that he has given the league a black eye (according to the League Office); however, hasn't he done this before? He did flip off his own fans last year. He also had that "hidden container" incident at the airport.
When will we stop hearing about Pacman's off-field incidents
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
-
bilyeuofbaxter
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 940
- Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
- Name: David Bilyeu
- MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
- Location: Milky Way Galaxy
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
No, you seem to be forming an opinion for me, and you're not doing very well. I haven't stated that Vick shouldn't be given due process. I've posed a question to those of you who participate in this forum.
I asked what you thought. Not what you think I think. So, rather than waste time responding to what you think I am thinking, how about delivering your own opinion or none at all.
Once again, I haven't stated that Vick doesn't deserve due process. What don't you, David, understand about due process? As for repeat offender, what did Jones get convicted of other than giving the league a tarnished image? Vick has done the same, repeatedly. So, is there a double standard?
And again, if you can't form an opinion other than stating what you believe my opinion is, then don't bother participating.
I asked what you thought. Not what you think I think. So, rather than waste time responding to what you think I am thinking, how about delivering your own opinion or none at all.
Once again, I haven't stated that Vick doesn't deserve due process. What don't you, David, understand about due process? As for repeat offender, what did Jones get convicted of other than giving the league a tarnished image? Vick has done the same, repeatedly. So, is there a double standard?
And again, if you can't form an opinion other than stating what you believe my opinion is, then don't bother participating.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.