Page 3 of 5

HFA

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:55 pm
by wbricker
:) So here we go again, I am sure we have all benefited from HFA and some times we lose by HFA. I lost first game of the season, but if McNabb hadn't turned the ball over and Kearney & Brookings been involved I would have won by 12 plus points maybe. Also the players we choose to play and not to play factor in, it is not all about HFA is it? I would be willing to joining the HFA opposition if we make our defense more flexiable. Instead of having 2 DL,2 LB & 2DB, for example,have the option of staring 1 DL,3LB, 2DB or 3 DL, 1 LB, 2 DB. Still keep the total of 6 def. players but have the option of starting 3 at one position. Let the debate continue!!! But shelve the baby kissing.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:49 pm
by woody
Even if the babies are vanilla-flavored?

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:08 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
Well, some of us have no choice in the players we play in some weeks due to injury or off weeks,or suspended for having a loud mouth. So thats not really a valid arguement. I totally agree with Shane...write that down would someone??.....whats wrong with someone winning their games actually head-to-head? In 2 of my losses my team actually scored more points....but you lose to HFA?? I dont know....all I do know is that, Jeff your welcome for me getting this started again!!!! The number to remember here is 3!!!

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:11 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
By the way....I cant believe we are on our third page and Anthony and David have not weighed in with some infinite words of wisdom here.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:25 am
by Jonathan S.
My best argument, Jeffrey? No, you won't see that for awhile, but thanks for the amusing comment, and even using our quotation utilty in your futile attempt to embarass me.

3 LB's? That is proposterous! Some rules are untouchable (I feel). Example being...starting 4 rb's is forbidden. The defensive setup in this league is brilliant. It is sort of like a salary cap. It defines the rules for everyone to play by; it's up to YOU to find and play the TWO best DL, LBs, and DBs.

I will not attend a townhall meeting at Ryans or Golden Corral (even though our dear Jeffrey loves the Corral's Fried Chicken) because I will not sit among you people without BEER in hand.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:29 am
by the Man, the Myth...
Great point about the beer!! What in the hell was I thinking??

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:35 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
150 per game! That's about two weeks for my team. Also wanilla blows, but not a much as HFA.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:20 pm
by woody
Additionally, I do not recall seeing any NFL team score 0.2 points either...

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:08 pm
by wolfe
My point was that you can't take the 3 points used in the NFL and claim the same value should be used in fantasy land. You need to adjust it proportionally for our scores. The average score of NFL teams over the last 4 years is 19.6-22.6 (in favor of the home team). The average score of MTFFL teams is 142. Using those averages, our HFA should be 18.8 points.

And if Woody wants to change our league scoring to a TD/FG/XP only league - well, that's a different argument entirely. :thumbdown:

150 per game! That's about two weeks for my team.
The Redneck needs 1.25 weeks to score 150.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:28 pm
by woody
wolfe wrote:And if Woody wants to change our league scoring to a TD/FG/XP only league - well, that's a different argument entirely. :thumbdown:
I can't figure out what I said that makes you think that.

Simply stated, my argument is this: I think a 7 point HFA is too generous and would like to see it changed to 3 or 4 points.