Page 3 of 10
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:31 pm
by Jonathan S.
We had a compromise with position limits and HFA reduction between the four of us with submittal for the rest of the league to decide, but now rotisserie ideas appear.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:47 pm
by wolfe
I could go on a Jonathan rant about what I've typed and what I haven't typed. And then ask you to re-read and re-interpret everything. But let's try to prevent two more pages of bullshit.
I remember coming to a verbal compromise about voting down HFA in exchange for something. Was it for overall roster limits or for position limits? What were the hard numbers?
I sort of agree with John that reducing overall rosters won't have much of an affect. My biggest gripe is RB hoarding. We think we should either limit the number of RB's that are frozen or limit them on the active roster.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:52 pm
by Jonathan S.
I could go on a Jeffrey rant about almost anything, but I won't. The compromise was for position limits not roster reduction. And as badly as I hate to admit it, I think it was only a reduction to 3 points for HFA. We'll need to bring Anthony and Will in on this for verification; however, this is, as usual, dependent upon a majority of the owners agreeing.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:57 pm
by Oompa Midgets
i won't vote for any of these proposals unless HFA is ENTIRELY gone.....
reducing the roster size makes the draft shorter and also leaves 24 more players as free agents...i don't want position limits, period! you owners who are against RB hoarding have the opportunity to do the same damn thing!
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:01 pm
by wolfe
What about this package deal:
HFA eliminated.
Waiver Wire installed.
Freezers reduced to 5 players.
Rosters not reduced but the draft shortened by 5 rounds with the remainder filled by free agency after the draft.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:04 pm
by Jonathan S.
Sounds like a very unattractive league.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:04 pm
by Jonathan S.
How about just keeping things the way they are?
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:25 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:26 pm
by wolfe
Which side of the fence are you on for HFA, Jonathan?
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:27 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Jonathan S. wrote:How about just keeping things the way they are?
except for HFA!!!