Page 3 of 6
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:17 am
by The Guru
Actually I remember it very clearly. Why even let the the best OL in football reach the open market?
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:22 am
by Agitator
i think it was before they increased the salary cap...
either way, Seattle was aggressive signing players.
they also got Julian Peterson (gave him a big contract)....and Patrick Kerney
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:32 am
by Oompa Midgets
Hutchinson is a G and they are a lot easier to replace than a tackle.....
and i think the poison pill had something to do with him being the highest paid lineman on his team...
Dave, "Pork Chop" is Floyd Womack
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:39 am
by Oompa Midgets
he is a much better signing than "Fred Ex"
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:39 am
by wolfe
Jonathan S. wrote:If they work a deal for a defensive end, we all know who, ...
I guess we all don't know who. Who?
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:01 am
by Oompa Midgets
i'm not sure who he is referring to....maybe Alex Brown???
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:19 am
by Jonathan S.
Alex Brown. Fred Ex! Fred Ex! Fred Ex! Just think of all the wonderful soundbites.
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:39 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
Oompa Midgets wrote:Dave, "Pork Chop" is Floyd Womack
Oh, Floyd Womack. I still have no idea. Didn't he play 2B for the Yanks back in 2005? Here is a rundown of NFL players of which I am aware.
1) Superstars
2) Players on my fantasy team
3) Titans starting QB, RB, WR's, TE's, some of the starting DB's, LB's and maybe a lineman or two on each side of the ball for the Titans. Also the punter and kicker.
4) Criminals
5) Players nicknamed Pork Chop, aka Floyd Womack
6) Players with a silly name I see on draft day
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:53 am
by wolfe
You got google? It's as easy as typing "pork chop nfl".
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:55 am
by wolfe
Jim Drunkenmiller is - and never was - a superstar. You should add a 6th item: Players with silly names that I see on draft day.