I Like It. I Love It.

For non-NFL sports. As if they mattered.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

Wings looked really good tonight. I and 8 other Americans watched Detroit v Anaheim tonight. They outshot the Ducks badly, out worked them and just plain looked better. Went to a shootout but Detroit is going to be tough this year.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Post by wagordy »

I watched the whole game! Pissed me off that Detroit won but you are correct they are going to be tough.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

dammit, last i heard the Ducks were winning :(
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Post by woody »

I thought Ellis played well last night despite looking a little uncertain at times.

What an exciting ending though...winning goal with 12.2 seconds left and I got good and drunk! Sheesh.

Where the hell have you guys been? I usually run into Bilyeu, Smallwood or Anferny and occasionally El Gordo but no dice. You guys up top this season?

Also, what's your pregame spot? I'm ususally at the Brewhouse, but the last two games I have gone to Past Perfect...much smaller crowd plus they have Old Style in cans. On Thurs. they were non-smoking. Sat. full on smoking place. A server told me they did the math...Pretty sweet.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

I was there last night. So was Bilyeu, Anthony and Eric. We didn't do any pre-game celebrating. We're that lame. Sometimes we pre-game at the Flying Saucer - mostly for the cheap parking and skirts.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Post by woody »

The skirts are hard to argue with, but the beer prices are pretty steep. I usually just go when a vendor is footing the bill.

We need to try to connect before a game sometime. My cell number is updated on the owner's page. Get at me.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

The love for Vokoun was pretty nice. No "sucks" during the starting lineups - just cheers. And after a montage on the Megatron he got a 60 second standing ovation.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Post by woody »

Yeah - that was very cool to see and nice of him to give a wave to the crowd as well. Only in the South!
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

Old Style. Please, take some of mine in cans. It's 4 and a half years old.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Back to .500.....3 straight road wins on the trip after starting 0-5 on the road!
Big game tonight with the Tampons!!!

This is also the second game out of eight in a row against division opponents...

LETS GO PREDATORS
Post Reply