CFA Welcomes Eric

For the original MTFFL.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

Interestingly ridiculous. Sounds suspiciously like Ernie's idea for drafting.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Post by bstock »

Hey. What kind of party is this? There's no booze and only one hooker.

You'll need all the points you can get next week Omicrock.
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

Come on Brian we're jackin' on!
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Wolfe, that first reply is probably one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard you say!

Who has complained about ANY of those things you listed? The only issue here is HFA! Even Will suggested we go ahead and get rid of it during the season!!! I don't like that idea because that will just piss off the owners who have lost to it already.
I damn sure would vote for it though!
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

All our scoring rules are arbitrary. Why complain about just one?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

Anferney, you can't make it go away during the season.

That would be like switching from IDPs to team defense during the season.

Also, our scoring rules are based upon players', players that we select and sometimes hold onto for years, performances.
Last edited by Jonathan S. on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

I don't think we have the votes to overturn HFA.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

Can't vote it down until next year. We'll try again.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

I know this, but Will suggested it!

Now that JR and Heather are gone I think we could get it changed! We always had about 5-7 who wanted HFA abolished!!!

Eric got a taste real early so I'm sure he dislikes it...
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Post by wagordy »

Dont drag me into this. I like HFA and you dont. That will never change. I like that our league has those little differences. I guess we could just change the league to be like everyone elses. I am a bit tired of it. (the argument, not HFA). And yes you might get your wish next year due to changes in the league participants. Lets all just drink the koolaid and go with the status quo.


It is a little trivial and only gives a small bit of advantage to generate such a great deal of animosity.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
Post Reply