Page 3 of 4

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:30 pm
by wolfe
I have two thumbs :thumbup: :thumbup: and I agree with what Mr. Woody says.

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 pm
by Jonathan S.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: Count those.

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:47 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
This is a great league because of it being a keeper league among other things. Being able to draft or make trades for the future is an element which makes this league unique. Im torn because out of all things that can be done, I like a "cap" on how long you can keep a player. Doing this I can still forcast whats going to happen in the next couple of years if I want. I do not like position limits at all. If I want to keep 4 or 5 running backs then that should be my perrogative. (wait? a Bobby Brown sighting??) Im not sure we could ever get a majority to agree on any of the plans that have been proposed.

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:19 pm
by Oompa Midgets
I think someone brought up that point, but the only position it would most likely change would be RB. You could still freeze up to 5 WRs. No one keeps more than 1 QB or 2 TEs, Ks, DL, LBs or DBs anyway.

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:55 am
by Jonathan S.
Please let this dumbassery die.

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:17 am
by wolfe
Then what would you complain about?

There is always going to be topic where you are the righteous one and everyone else is a "dumbass" for having a different opinion. I nominate this topic for now. Maybe it will take your energy away from hurling insults elsewhere.

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:50 am
by Oompa Midgets
Jonathan S. wrote:Please let this dumbassery die.
It is not going to happen so quit complaining!

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:34 am
by Jonathan S.
Here's an insult for you Wolfrey...you're an ASS! Stop playing devil's advocate. I haven't insulted anyone other than you just now.

And as well, lots of times I'm not solitary in my righteousness (as you say); I'm only boisterously determined to burn the witches.

I'm not truly righteous, but this idea is dumbassery. The reasoning behind Anferney's proposal (now pay attention to this part) was because he felt that the league was not competitive enough for him...he told me so...now that's truly an insult.

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:38 am
by Oompa Midgets
I'm sick of the same owners in the playoffs year-in and year-out! I would like a new challenge! This is my favorite league setup, but it is becoming stale IMO.

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:44 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
Oompa Midgets wrote:I'm sick of the same owners in the playoffs year-in and year-out! I would like a new challenge! This is my favorite league setup, but it is becoming stale IMO.


The issue of competitiveness falls on the owners. I see Anthonys point of better players being in the draft or players moving among teams. It will not matter in my opinion. You might say Im waffling on the idea because I have always supported this change in some sort of fashion. Actually im not...I just understand the reality of it. I have tried very hard to make the Punishers a competitive team. I would think that no one would say Im their "easy" win. Yes Ive been blown out some but its becoming rarer and rarer. I was 0-10 versus the Eagles until last year and I won both times.

What makes it difficult is that sometimes you seem penalized for trying. I end up around .500 every year and end up picking 7th or 8th. By picking in that spot, all the "dynamic" rookies are gone and all the other impact offensive players have been saved. That makes it hard to dramatically improve your team. There isnt a problem with the same teams in the playoffs every year.....