Stupid Hog, it's called "Live Draft Room."Agitator wrote:wolfe wrote:I don't know how the email draft will look. You may be able to respond to the email selections. But you can always keep the Smack flowing here.
what i meant was... are you going to set it up online and input the selections as they are made? i remember people being able to draft remotely in previous years.
vegas currently has my team with the best odds of winning the championship this year, and i don't want to let them down
Draft Day 2011
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Draft Day 2011
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Draft Day 2011
I'm still looking at Sunday the 28th as the best day. Anthony and Mick can make it by mid-afternoon (2pm or after). Scott can't do it at all on Sunday.
I'm trying to convince Scott to try the dreaded "AutoDraft" feature on MyFantasyLeague.com. It looks like they have improved it from a simple list of players to allow you to choose which position to choose in each round. I may even try it since I am "sticker boy"!
A weekday is still a possibility, but Shane can only do Mondays.
Also, I haven't been able to get in touch with Clement's friend that was interested in the abandoned team. So we are still missing an owner.
I'm trying to convince Scott to try the dreaded "AutoDraft" feature on MyFantasyLeague.com. It looks like they have improved it from a simple list of players to allow you to choose which position to choose in each round. I may even try it since I am "sticker boy"!
A weekday is still a possibility, but Shane can only do Mondays.
Also, I haven't been able to get in touch with Clement's friend that was interested in the abandoned team. So we are still missing an owner.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
-
The Guru
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 719
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
- Name: Shane Eldridge
- MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
- MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
- Location: Las Vegas
Re: Draft Day 2011
I am in the same league that stops Scott from doing it on 28th. We didnt know we were going to be backed into the 28th until late. That is why I was was trying to help this thing along last week. That draft wont get going roughly till 3 or 4 and I know he prepares with food and stuff which almost knocks him out. I could do mine online if I had too but it would be real tough for him. Lets do 12 rounds onlne and call it a day or maybe you can figure something else out.
I could possibly make fri night 26 availble if that helps.
I could possibly make fri night 26 availble if that helps.
-
The Guru
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 719
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
- Name: Shane Eldridge
- MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
- MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
- Location: Las Vegas
Re: Draft Day 2011
I have 2 drafts on 28th any possibility of moving this thing up 30 mins or an hr? The other starts at 3:30. Any help would be appreciated. This league moves very fast so a small amount of time could help out alot. Or I dont know; enforce the draft timer maybe?
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Draft Day 2011
I think only Mick and Anthony had a problem with noon draft. We can start the draft as soon as they are available. Always the biggest problem is starting on time.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: Draft Day 2011
Ways to help the draft for this league go quicker or start earlier:
1) Maybe we can start the draft a earlier.
2) Everyone actually show up on time for whatever the draft time is set for.
3) We could set up a poll for any issues we want to discuss and have owners vote on them before the draft so we dont waste time with it at the draft.
4) Make sure to enforce the pick timer. If your pick isnt in at the alloted time, we keep going, they can get their pick in when they get it in.
5) We didnt take any breaks in the league one draft since we started so much later. There is usually enough time between picks to smoke a cigarette, use the bathroom, or get more food. I say we do the same for this draft....keep it moving.
These are just a few suggestions. If you have any to add, feel free.
1) Maybe we can start the draft a earlier.
2) Everyone actually show up on time for whatever the draft time is set for.
3) We could set up a poll for any issues we want to discuss and have owners vote on them before the draft so we dont waste time with it at the draft.
4) Make sure to enforce the pick timer. If your pick isnt in at the alloted time, we keep going, they can get their pick in when they get it in.
5) We didnt take any breaks in the league one draft since we started so much later. There is usually enough time between picks to smoke a cigarette, use the bathroom, or get more food. I say we do the same for this draft....keep it moving.
These are just a few suggestions. If you have any to add, feel free.
...The Legend
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
Re: Draft Day 2011
anytime Sunday is fine with mewolfe wrote:I think only Mick and Anthony had a problem with noon draft. We can start the draft as soon as they are available. Always the biggest problem is starting on time.
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Draft Day 2011
I should be able to make it by 1pm if that helps.wolfe wrote:I think only Mick and Anthony had a problem with noon draft. We can start the draft as soon as they are available. Always the biggest problem is starting on time.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Re: Draft Day 2011
1:00 pm then?
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: Draft Day 2011
so we are or arent doing 1? We are still doing 2 Im assuming since nothing has changed on the home page or here?
...The Legend