Page 4 of 5

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:07 pm
by Agitator
get em' JEFF

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:27 pm
by Jonathan S.
Woodrow, our beloved Commish likes to distort arguments and twist them to fit his mood.

He's a facist, but a lovely facist nonetheless.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:58 pm
by wolfe
You're just wrong. I present facts and all you counter with is "bullshit". Crude debating technic.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:29 am
by Jonathan S.
Ah, resorting to the vernacular now, huh? Well, here's a vulgarity for you....Bite an ass!

Nice disclaimer facist.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:31 am
by the Man, the Myth...
Im impressed with Jeffs ability to calculate numbers. Is that what a college education will do for you?? Damn I should have stayed in school!! By the way, do you have to have one of those fancy protractors or that pencil with the steel support system to do all that figuring??

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:04 am
by The Guru
Nice formula on your aurgument for proportional adjustments and I agree. So why then are TD's the same for real and fantasy league?

My earlier post stated that TD's in fantasy should be approximitly around 18 to 22 if we stick to our proportional argument, and that seems the case then 7 pt HFA wouldnt be anything to get uptight about, but since it is more than a TD its crazy. To say a field is worth more than a TD in the NFL would be as one great man put it..." perposterous". 7HFA pts out of a 20 pt td is 35% of the TD- no big deal.. But 7 HFA pts out of a 6 pt td is 1.16% of the TD meaning obviously it doesnt even cover it.

Answer the qustion Commish your on the High LIfe hotsit and we can handle the truth, so lets hear hear it.
I dont want to seem like I am ganging up on the Commish because as we all know he does a Great job and I would be the first to buy him a bear but the logic isnt adding up.

If it is maybe you or someone else can help me understand.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:33 am
by The Guru
....buy him a beer not a bear, but a bear if he wanted it.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:08 pm
by woody
First, let me say that I truly appreciate all the time and effort that Jeff puts in to making the MTFFL the best fantasy league out there, bar none. (I'm hoisting a glass of beer for the Commish. Okay, not really, I'm at work, but I will at the Preds game tonight!) Also, I am all for keeping the rules that distinguish ours from other leagues in place.

I don't feel as if anything I said has been taken out of context or distorted. However, I think that something might have been misunderstood. For the record, I am 100% against turning this into a TD/FG/XP only league.

I think there are several good points in this thread, and truthfully, despite my wish to see it reduced, it won't bother me if HFA stays where it is. As much as I enjoy a healthy argument, message boards are tricky places to do that because sarcasm just doesn't come across. Maybe instead we could all get together and discuss it over a few bottles of cheap vodka? I feel that is clearly the only solution. (Please note intended sarcasm) :wink-thumb:

Again, cheers to Jeff for his dedication!

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:29 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
Yes, I agree, my sarcasm may have come off as hateful or spiteful. But it was meant all in jest. Apologies to anyone I may have offended. And it is the best league I have played in also.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:21 pm
by wolfe
Thanks for the kind words. We just don't agree on this topic - and probably never will.