Page 6 of 10

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:35 am
by Jonathan S.
Increase competition? This is not a welfare state. I have been successful because of my own personal ability to play this game, not because someone bent some rules to make it less difficult for me to succeed.

If you want to increase competition, then run a damn good operation. Here's an example: John and Woody decreased the gap with their play last year, they didn't get any handouts to "increase competition."

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:41 am
by wolfe
Maybe you've been successful for a long time because the rules don't allow players to be distributed fairly? Just asking.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:41 am
by Jonathan S.
I hasten back to Anthony's comment...I get tired of this shit every year. Slight rules changes are fine with me, but drastically changing THIS game is not kosher.

I can somewhat empathize with Will now because of his fascination with HFA, but only sometwhat.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:43 am
by Jonathan S.
Distributed fairly? Did I unfairly garner them? What a ridiculous comment. If you're playing devil's advocate, it's not appropriate here and now.

I've drafted and traded and frozen whom I've chosen, I DID NOT build my team unfairly. Explain your definition of inequity.

Evyerone in this league has been playing by the same rules. DEFINE UNFAIR DISTRIBUTION. It has nothing to do with my success.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:44 am
by eazye187
My opinion was requested, I gave it. If you don't like it, skip the post and move on. I don't need your acceptance of my opinion to validate myself.

I can live with whatever rules out there. Good players will do that.

Ernie

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:45 am
by Jonathan S.
Oh very nice comeback. I'm the asshole here? Thanks once again, Ernie. Maybe you should at least play the game before making suggestions?

Your opinion was requested concerning HFA. I don't recall Anthony requesting anything else of you.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:47 am
by wolfe
You are inferring that I accused you of cheating? Not the case. I'm just saying there is nothing wrong in reviewing and tweaking our rules from time to time.

I just left a company where it was a daily battle of old versus new. Long time employees were entrenched in bad business practices and inefficient processes and none of use "new" people could convince anyone to make any changes. There is nothing wrong with fresh perspectives. At what point in a new owner's career is he allowed to have an opinion?

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:51 am
by eazye187
Jonathan S. wrote:Oh very nice comeback. I'm the asshole here? Thanks once again, Ernie. Maybe you should at least play the game before making suggestions?
I don't recall saying that anyone was an asshole. I was merely defending myself and my opinions. Can't we have opinions? And last time I checked, my "new owner" vote doesn't count any more or less than anyone else's when it comes to rule changes.
Your opinion was requested concerning HFA. I don't recall Anthony requesting anything else of you.
HFA is like coin toss in OT, Can't really control it, but it's something that we have to deal with. Doesn't bother me. Makes it a bit more realistic. The good teams will overcome it, the lesser teams will not. There.. My opinion on HFA, since that's all that was asked for.. :)

Ernie

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:57 am
by Jonathan S.
I didn't infer that you were accusing me of cheating. I'm wanting your opinion on the unfair distribution of players. Explain. Or was it merely you playing devil's advocate as you so often do?

Ernie, you are welcome to your opinions, but how about actually playing the game before you suggest enacting drastic rules changes? That seems fair, and it might actually validate your opinion on certain aspects of our game.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:08 am
by Jonathan S.
Jeffrey, at what point? The "new" people at your "old" business were in business. When has Ernie been in business in this league?