Page 1 of 1

2005 Bonehead Awards

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:53 pm
by wolfe
Here are the annual Bonehead trade awards. Candidates made an off-season trade for a player and ended up releasing that player.
  • The Nashville Knuckledraggers traded the #40 overall pick to the Oompa Loompas for Ed Reed and Kevan Barlow. Reed was not kept today.
  • The Hemptown Hardknocks gave up the #41 pick to the Nashville Salamanders for Eric Moulds who did not make the final cut. Free pick for the 'Manders!
  • The Salamanders gave #7 and #79 to Oompa Loompas for Priest Holmes and Warrick Dunn. Dunn was released today.
Don't worry. We've all done it by now. I think it's an interesting study on how player values change over a few months.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:10 am
by Jonathan S.
You forget the biggest bonehead award of them all. I traded you and First and a Fifth round pick for T. Henry. I was sure he was going to a team where he would have been the featured back. Damnit!

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:44 am
by wolfe
Read the 2nd sentence again. This is only for players that were not frozen. At this point all other trades are too subjective. We'll find out by the end of the season if your trade was worth it or not.
(I made an equally bad trade for Henry in the II league.)

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:39 am
by Jonathan S.
I know that these awards are for those that were traded for and were not frozen. I just wanted to put it out there on the record that I effed up, apparently.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:08 am
by Oompa Midgets
yeah, i got 1st round #4 for Travis Henry and Tyrone Calico from the High Life...
what were u thinking???

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:12 am
by Oompa Midgets
sorry, read this one before the 2nd league trade rumors...

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:11 pm
by woody
At least I know someone is paying attention!