Page 1 of 1

Cheap Seats

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:47 pm
by wolfe
Has anyone seen this show on ESPN Classic called Cheap Seats? It's a must see for the MSTies on this board...of which there are two of us. So this is really an open letter to Will Gordy.

I first heard about it this week on Cowherd's radio show. When they described it as similar to Mystery Science Theater 3000, I knew I had to watch it. It's hosted by comedians Jason and Randy Sklar making fun of old ESPN shows. The episode I watched tonight featured the 1990 H.S. cheerleader championships (which included McMinnville HS!).

Fun stuff
...When an ugly chick is hoisted on the shoulders of someone else, "You gotta lose points for that. That's like putting a lima bean on top of an ice cream sundae."
...Raleigh Egypt HS won, "Mubarak has got to be psyched...You knew they would win with their pyramid."

Their new season starts soon so get caught up on the past episodes. DVR it now! http://cheapseats.tv/

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:48 pm
by wolfe
Sorry, Warren Co. HS from McMinnville.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:02 am
by Jonathan S.
Raleigh Egypt is in Memphis.

Epsiode 3 of the new season will feature Bass Gals, who apparently look like Bass guys. I think it's from the early 80's possibly 70's, so check out Bass Gals!

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:16 pm
by wagordy
That sounds pretty damn funny!