Page 1 of 5

Very last play of the game......

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:34 am
by the Man, the Myth...
Montae Reagor gets a fumble on the very last play of the game which Flutie should have never been running and it costs me a win. How can that happen?? Or I could blame it on HFA. That would be 2 losses so far due to HFA!! Are we going to change that rule to 3 points instead of 7 this year??? Im starting to lobby for that now, so maybe we can have enough votes next year!!!

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:36 am
by the Man, the Myth...
Oh....before anyone says it.....yes, I do have my box of tissues right here next to me. I think I will be O.K. No need to worry about me!!!

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:12 am
by Jonathan S.
How about a 7 point bonus for the away team. I liked that suggestion by the Commish (I think).

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:36 am
by woody
I was 57.1 points down going into MNF. I figured I didn't have a chance and then Peyton Manning and Mike Vrabel combined for 50 pts! So if you take out the HFA, it was a tie. I like changing HFA to 3-4 points, and yes, I realize I would have still lost.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:13 am
by the Man, the Myth...
Awesome....theres 3 votes already just like that!! Just 4 more!! If we go ahead and get the other 4 votes can we go ahead and change the rule for next year??

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:48 am
by Jonathan S.
We have to have 8 votes (a two-thirds majority). There are 5 of us for sure, David B., Anthony, Woody(?), you and I, but there is strong opposition; I doubt that we will get the majority we want.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:18 pm
by woody
I'm all for changing HFA to 3 or 4 pts. Let's start campaigning - I'm talking small town BBQs, pressing flesh, kissing babies!

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:37 pm
by wolfe
I can be bribed. What do you have to offer?

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:30 pm
by wagordy
Eventually it will be nothing then.... well.. it is less fun for me. I enjoy having the home advantage and then flip flopping it the next year for non division games. But I guess enough have bitched.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:21 pm
by wolfe
Actually I can't be bought. That was, you know, sarcasm.


Some day in the future our distinctive rules will be compromised into oblivion. How vanilla do you want our league to be?
I'm attached to this rule mostly because it's distinctively ours. It's a known element of every matchup, so it's not surprise thrown in without warning.