Page 1 of 1

Clemens

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:55 pm
by wolfe
Anyone wanna see The Rocket pitch? The first part of his rehab will take him through the Lexington Legends clubhouse. His son is playing there now.

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:34 am
by wolfe
I have a friend who just bought the last 4 standing room only tickets + the very last seat in the stadium for Tuesday's game. So I'll get to go to the game!
The stadium only seats about 6,000 but they are expecting over 9,000.

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:58 am
by Agitator
so 3,000 people are having to sit in someone's lap....

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:31 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
Why else would Jeff be going?

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:54 pm
by wolfe
Just for fun I went to eBay and searched for "clemens lexington". Tickets are going for as much as $200!
This is the biggest sports event to hit this town! Even bigger than horses and basketball.

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:34 pm
by Oompa Midgets
i think i would be selling my tix!!!!!

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:36 pm
by wolfe
3 innings, 6 K's, 1 hit ... but that one hit was a HR. I'd hate to be the roommate of the guy who hit the homerun.
"Guess what I did tonight. Hit a dinger off the Rocket."

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9483031

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:46 pm
by wolfe
Actually, I think he allowed more hits, but only the one run.

The 25ยข hotdogs were great.

Here's more links to unclear, ass-kissing coverage:
http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/14756108.htm

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:47 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
Did you stay for the whole game or did you cut out after the rocket deployed?

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:22 pm
by wolfe
I left after Clemens stopped pitching. The group of people I was with left and my grass seats were shit. And bumping elbows in a stadium at 150% capacity was really getting on my last nerve.