Page 1 of 1

NASCAR/ Business

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:45 pm
by The Guru
I thought I would post this even though I dont think their are many NASCAR fans, but it has to do with business as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/stor ... id=2480863

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:23 pm
by Agitator
that article is too long... just summarize it for us.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:34 pm
by Oompa Midgets
i read the damn thing and i feel much dumber after doing so...

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:53 pm
by wolfe
Summary: Dale Jr. doesn't own his own name. His dead father's ex-wife owns his name. Pretty dumb business move.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:58 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
"She don't want to come off it too easy because she wants to make sure my dad's name is always thought of as the way it is," Dale Jr. told The Charlotte Observer last month. "If I didn't have the same name -- and I kind of wish I didn't sometimes -- I wouldn't have to be worrying about it."


:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Maybe NASCAR drivers need to have a year or two of college so they can speak on the intellectual levels of NFL and NBA players.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:16 am
by Agitator
just another reason why NASCAR is the worst sport .... in the world!!!