Page 1 of 2
Suspend Tootoo
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:57 am
by wolfe
Viscous cheap shot. I hope at some point someone in the league wakes up and punishes this stuff more seriously than a double-major. You shouldn't be allowed to just punch people in the face during the play.
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:01 pm
by Oompa Midgets
and it was a cheap shot how???
you make a legal hard check on Modano and as soon as you turn around you see someone charging at you! what would you do, just stand there and get punched yourself???
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:40 pm
by Agitator
it looked like he didn't do anything wrong....
the other guy was coming to fight him for a legal hit.... tootoo just beat him to the punch.
he shouldn't be suspended... it was that guys fault for being off balanced and not being ready to take a hit...it's not like tootoo came out of nowhere and hit him from behind or with a stick
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:57 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
Did you watch SC or something last night? The commentator was calling the punch a sucker punch. What a load of crap. All they did is vilify Tootoo and blab about sucker punches. SC is terrible.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:24 am
by wolfe
Obviously the referee also agreed that it was a cheap shot and sucker punch. He gave out the stiffest penalty in his power. Nothing Tootoo did was legal.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:45 am
by Jonathan S.
I see you failed to mention that Modano swung his stick at Tootoo. Modano shouldn't get suspended for that? Tootoo laid a clean hit on Modano and so Ra;lkdjfak or whatever his name is came with intent toward Tootoo.
David's right, SC showed Tootoo's punch unfavorably and then you, Wolfy, chime in a weigh your opinion without knowing the full situation.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:15 am
by wolfe
Yeah, I saw both Modano and Tootoo swinging their sticks. Half-way through their swing they both looked like they realized that "Hey, bad idea". Both put their sticks down before making any significant contact.
I watched the game. It was replayed over and over. I used my DVR to watch it a few of extra times. My opinion remains that people shouldn't be allowed to punch other people in the face.
Do you think Tootoo should have been given a penalty?
As for the rest of your comment, I'm not going to get into another useless fucking conversation. You spend more time arguing semantics than issues.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:18 am
by Jonathan S.
It's called due process, not semantics.
Of course he should have been penalized, but no suspension is due.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:53 pm
by Agitator
wolfe wrote:My opinion remains that people shouldn't be allowed to punch other people in the face.
you are kidding, right?
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:03 pm
by wagordy
Ok, I will chime in. The punch was illegal (it was roughing) but fighting is illegal and I am not sure how a puch face to face when one guy is charging (illegal) could be a sucker-punch that is moronic! I don't think however it was out of the ordinary or even unexpected. I think that a guy coming at you with both hands high with the stick is not coming to have tea with you. Tootoo just got the drop on him. If he didn't get hurt there would be very little talked about it. Modano DID get away with a slash. It was a freakin chop right on the back and no one picked up on this for some reason. No suspension should be warranted in my opinion just the penalty in the game.