Page 1 of 21

New, unjinxed, Predators Thread

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:38 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
I was reading some blog by John Buccigross and he thinks Radulov will score 40 next season. I think some of the turnover the Preds are going to have this offseason will be good for the team. Erat, Legwand and Radulov on the top line sounds good to me!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:48 pm
by wagordy
That sounds good. I think forty is possible for him. Curious to see what might happen with forsberg.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:07 pm
by woody
Unfortunately, I think Forsberg is done. He's already mentioned that he was contemplating retirement, which typically means you've already retired.

Sad to say it, but I won't miss Kariya if we don't resign him.

Who else is a free agent?

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:42 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
Hartnell and Timonen. Drury is a FA with Buffalo. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Preds jersey.

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:01 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
The Sommet Group purchased the naming rights for the Nashville Arena. So I guess it will be called the Sommet Arena.

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:06 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
Actually it will be called the Sommet Center. TSC, SC, Soc or Sec maybe?

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:16 am
by wolfe
This might be one of those sponsorships that actually pays for itself. I had never heard of the company before the playoffs this year.

It's nice to have a local company put their name on it instead of a multi-national corp.

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:22 pm
by Jonathan S.
Very nice indeed. Kind of related...see the Pinnacle Tower in the Tennessean this morning? 29 story office building near the Symphony, it was going to be called the Crown Tower, but Pinnacle agreed to move its offices there; so, now it's going to be the Pinnacle Tower.

Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:40 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
Trotz named The Sporting News coach of the year! Put that in your fire coach Trotz pipe and smoke it.

Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:29 am
by Agitator
maybe we shouldn't have started a new thread....

the preds threads will always be jinxed. since Blue is the one that started the new thread, he is partially responsible for the team being sold and leaving the city....

way to go, BLUE!