Page 1 of 3
Kentucky Derby
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
Who's gonna win the Derby? Invasor has won 3.9 million this season and Nobiz Like Shobiz is getting some hype. If someone can tell me who's gonna win I would greatly appreciate it.
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:59 pm
by wolfe
They draw for post position on Wednesday. I'll let you know then.
Just don't bet on #3. Or crazy #7.
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:05 pm
by bstock
The Queen of England will be there.
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:56 pm
by wolfe
I hope crazy #7 runs over the figurehead. Down with monarchy!
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:01 pm
by Jonathan S.
God save the Queen.
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:26 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
She's just a figurehead.
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:46 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
Ok. I've done some more research and my favorites are Circular Quay, Street Sense and Nobiz Like Shobiz. Curlin is a favorite by many "experts", but Curlin has a lot of history against winning the Derby. Only 3 career starts, no horse has won KD with that few starts since 1915. Did not race as a 2 year old, no horse has won KD since 1882 that did not race as a 2 year old. Curlin did win the Arkansas derby by 10 1/2 lengths, but it was one of the slowest paces in something like 20 years.
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:20 am
by Jonathan S.
Don't blow all your money. What did you lose at Keeneland? I lost track, no pun intended, it was almost too damn cold to drink beer.
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:34 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
"Eat you betting money, don't bet you eating money", comes to mind.
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:12 pm
by wolfe
Two things I'm going to hate on Saturday:
#1 - the Queen. Don't give a shit. Never have.
#2 - Barbaro. Dead horse. Don't beat it.