Page 1 of 3
Good news?
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:49 pm
by Jonathan S.
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:07 pm
by wagordy
I read that. I will believe they have a chance when I see it. I am sure the offer is nowhere close to being as attractive than the other two offers.
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:36 pm
by Oompa Midgets
true, but if Leipold really wants the team to stay here it will
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:18 am
by Jonathan S.
Why in the Hell would Leipold give a crap about the team staying in Nashville? You've lost your mind. Let me see, I've got this hockey team, I'll agree to sell it to the bidder with the least attractive offer in order to keep it in a city that I live 4 states away from.
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:21 am
by Jonathan S.
The local group had in the past said that they needed a large investor in order to complete their offer.
Maybe someone stepped up. Maybe Todd Wagner, former or current business partner of Mark Cuban, threw in $80 to $100 million. He had tried to buy the Dallas Stars in the past. Wagner now lives in Franklin.
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:23 am
by wolfe
That's an stupid statement. Leipold obviously cares about the team staying in Nashville or he wouldn't have put all those restrictions on the sale to Balsillie.
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:36 am
by Jonathan S.
If you're being facetious, then it's not translating; therefore, your statement might just be stupid.
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:29 am
by wolfe
The Typical Day on the MTFFL Message Board
1. Message by Anthony
2. Someone calls Anthony an "idiot" or "stupid" or some other snide comment. Posts their own speculative slant
3. Someone else calls out Someone for their speculations
4. Insults ensue
5. Everyone is now dumber than they were at the start of the day
6. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:33 am
by Jonathan S.
I believe that post belongs in another thread. Maybe you should have started a new thread. Just maybe.
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:35 am
by Jonathan S.
If you weren't being facetious, then what were those restrictions placed upon Balsillie by Leipold? In fact, Leipold opened up the door for a possible exit from Nashville by envoking the 14,000 attendance clause on June 15th, four days before the dealine.