Page 1 of 3
Waiver Wire
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:10 am
by Jonathan S.
I'm for it. But I'm not for waiting around until Thursday; I don't want to wait all week to make roster moves. Even though other leagues and websites customarily have denoted Thursday as an end-date, why do we have to denote Thursday?
Does everyone really want to wait until Thursday? As I said, I like the idea of a waiver wire, but WHY can't it incorporate Tuesday rather than Thursday?
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:12 am
by Agitator
why do we have to have a date? if someone is dropped, we have to wait 3 days from whenever that is....
as for the people that have cleared waivers, they should be fair game.
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:20 am
by Jonathan S.
And waivers are three days, or Thursday?
Explain it to me.
If the player is a free agent, then the player is fair game or no?
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:21 am
by Agitator
fair game....
i think if a player is dropped he has to go through a waiting period before he can be picked up by someone...
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:27 am
by Jonathan S.
Well, when this was initially discussed, I thought the intent of this rule would be to keep those fantasy owners who like to harvest F.A. players on Sundays from doing so while other owners were at the game. How exactly does this system address in that regard?
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:28 am
by Oompa Midgets
awaiting commish's clarification.....
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:32 am
by Agitator
Jonathan S. wrote:Well, when this was initially discussed, I thought the intent of this rule would be to keep those fantasy owners who like to harvest F.A. players on Sundays from doing so while other owners were at the game. How exactly does this system address in that regard?
yeah....the way i was thinking it would work, wouldn't do anything for those at the game.
either way, i'm for it
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:37 am
by Jonathan S.
Looks like a dead issue in League II. Winning in League I. Let's get some clarification on this impending possibility.
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:45 am
by Oompa Midgets
yeah, i don't want it one league and not the other.....
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:49 am
by Oompa Midgets
it should either be Tuesday or Wednesday at midnight...what if the player we were awarded on Thursday at midnight played Thursday evening and we needed to start him!?!?!?