Page 1 of 3

For Jeff

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:58 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
Dammit, I told you fruits were seed bearing.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/b ... t00330.htm

http://www.sciencebob.com/lab/q-tomato.html

Science Bob knows all!

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:08 am
by Jonathan S.
Quick everyone, hide all your hypotheses, nerdery is afoot.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:40 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
Also, for those of you wondering about corn. It's considered a grain. The cob is the fruit and the corn is the seed. So, corn is a fruit but you only eat the grain.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:48 am
by Jonathan S.
Green beans are also fruits.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:03 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
Good job Jonathan! See class, Jonathan read his assignment.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:08 am
by Jonathan S.
I love science.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:09 am
by Jonathan S.
I watched an interesting documentary concerning Intelligent Desgin versus Evolution last weekend...A Flock of Dodos. Good viewing.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:10 am
by wolfe
We were always in complete agreement that fruits have seeds.

"Vegetable" is not a scientific classification. But speaking in culinary or nutritional terms, vegetables include leaves, stems, roots, flowers, bulbs, seeds, fruits -- pretty much any part of a plant. I don't why you are trying to start an argument. I 100% agree with you.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:21 am
by Jonathan S.
Or was it...Flight of the Dodos? No matter, still interesting just the same.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:23 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
We really don't agree. But, moving on.
There is a series on PBS called "Brief History of Disbelief", I recommend viewing it.