Page 1 of 2

IR Problem

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:05 am
by Oompa Midgets
It won't let me put Poz on IR even though he is listed as OUT on MFL...
Posluszny, Paul BUF LB Cannot Be Deactivated - League Rules Dictate That A Player Must Be Classified As Ir or out Before He Can Be Deactivated
Posluszny, Paul BUF LB (Out (Forearm))

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:13 am
by wolfe
The NFL changed the way they did mid-week injury reports.
As you may be aware, the NFL injury report has been changed for the 2007 season. In previous years the NFL has issued an official injury report on both Wednesday and Friday evenings with the familiar Out/Doubtful/Questionable/Probable categories. This year, the report that will be issued on Friday night will still use those same categories, but now, the Wednesday night report will instead have these categories:

Out (Definitely will not play)
Did not participate in practice
Limited participation in practice
Full participation in practice
I thought it would allow players listed as OUT during midweek to be assigned to the IR. I'll have to investigate this further.

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:44 am
by wolfe
Have you attempted this again recently? I was just able to do it in the other league. The injured reserve settings are exactly the same.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:09 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Can you not put players on IR that are on the PUP list or were put on IR before the season?

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:37 pm
by wolfe
From what I've read, the NFL doesn't list PUP players on the injury report. Let me know who you are talking about and I'll force the move to IR.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:45 pm
by Agitator
he's talking about Michael Bush

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:04 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
So when will I be able to put Cadillac on IR and pick up someone else?? Friday?? Is this correct??

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:38 pm
by wolfe
It depends. The official practice report is released on Wednesday. I haven't really followed it enough to see if players that are devastatingly out are listed as "Out". If he's not listed tomorrow afternoon I can force the move to IR if that is what you want.

Teams having their bye weeks don't seem to release a practice report on Wednesday so that really messes things up for us. Since the Bucs' bye is Week 10 they will release a practice report tomorrow.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:10 am
by Oompa Midgets
Agitator wrote:he's talking about Michael Bush
The hog speaks the truth commish...I was asking in reference to MBush.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:22 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
It still doesnt have Cadillac on the IR...could you force that for me please Mr Commish sir???