Page 1 of 1
Language Evolution
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:03 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
This is an interesting article about two separate studies on language evolution with respect to frequency of usage of words.
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articl ... anID=sa003
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:28 pm
by Jonathan S.
You and I share a love of linguistics. And also, cheap fluzies.
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:31 pm
by Jonathan S.
Smote....ahh Old English.
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:35 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
Jonathan, you know how you can only ever say one catch phrase correctly? It's wrong! The original phrase is "windmills do not work that way". I actually like our phrasing better. Maybe on day you'll find a catch phrase you can correctly state. Hey, you could always go with "get bent".
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:53 pm
by Jonathan S.
Then apparently, I've chosen to modify and evolve that saying to fit my personality..."That's not how windmills work."
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:41 pm
by Jonathan S.
I just smote you're denial of my catch phrase ability.