Page 1 of 2

Salary Cap League

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:07 am
by Oompa Midgets
any motivation to rekindle the formation of this league commish???

Re: Salary Cap League

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:08 am
by Oompa Midgets
Okay guys, I am interested in creating this league. I will give you a run down of the potential scoring and rules and see what you think about it. If I receive enough interest I will create the league. I'd like to have a 16-team league with maybe everyone in MTFFL in it!?! We can cut the costs, if needed, for those of us who play in both leagues already.

More info coming soon.....

Re: Salary Cap League

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 am
by wolfe
Are you using contract years? Team defense or IDP?

Re: Salary Cap League

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:10 am
by Oompa Midgets
wolfe wrote:Are you using contract years? Team defense or IDP?
Yes, there will be max contracts of four seasons and it will be IDP!

Re: Salary Cap League

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:28 pm
by Agitator
Oompa Midgets wrote:
wolfe wrote:Are you using contract years? Team defense or IDP?
Yes, there will be max contracts of four seasons and it will be IDP!
besides working and drinking you really don't do anything... you really need to find yourself a woman (or man if that's the kind of koolaid you drink)!

Re: Salary Cap League

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:47 pm
by Oompa Midgets
How would you know what I do? I live 100 miles away. I drink very little these days. STUPID HOG
I don't need a woman telling me what to do and spending my money.

Re: Salary Cap League

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:29 pm
by Oompa Midgets
It would be based on this league's set-up;

http://dugoneill.smileytech.net/FATAL%20rules.htm

Re: Salary Cap League

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:12 pm
by thechosenone
thats alotof crap to remember, but sounds cool

Re: Salary Cap League

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:27 pm
by Oompa Midgets
thechosenone wrote:thats alotof crap to remember, but sounds cool
It is, but you get use to it quick and that was done because a lot of people look through rules trying to find a way to exploit them. One thing I loved about it is the scoring similarity with MTFFL. That made the learning curve shorter.

Re: Salary Cap League

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:58 pm
by wolfe
Oompa Midgets wrote:One thing I loved about it is the scoring similarity with MTFFL. That made the learning curve shorter.
I'm not really concerned with the scoring rules. I'm more concerned with the idea of a 16 team league with a 28 to 32-man roster = 448-512 players. (Our league 12 teams X 25 players = 300 players + unlimited IR.) It sounds like it might be watered down. Although, with no IR it will need deep rosters. No more than two starting RB's, a required starting TE position and 14 total starters. Not that I oppose those rules - just something to consider.

Them's a bunch of rules. I read about half the rules then went to get another beer. By the time I came back I had turned to Skin-emax and forgot what I was doing.

What about the cost of the league? League fees. Transaction Fees. Penalty fees for salary cap violations...........