Page 1 of 1
Haynesworth threatens to quit if "franchised"
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:45 pm
by wolfe
Tennessee Titans DT Albert Haynesworth said today that he would not accept a franchise tag and would sit out the season instead of taking a contract equal to the average of the top 5 DT salaries. "I'll go down the road and play for the mother fuckin' AAFL before I take that shit," said an agitated Haynesworth. "They think I'm going to play with out a signing bonus? I'm here to get paid, bitch!"
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:59 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Franchise his injury-prone ass!!! I don't want the Titans to guarantee this fucker 20-30 million and then him play 4 games a year. I just do not trust him!
Is this a joke? Where did you get this?
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:34 pm
by Agitator
Oompa Midgets wrote:Franchise his injury-prone ass!!! I don't want the Titans to guarantee this fucker 20-30 million and then him play 4 games a year. I just do not trust him!
if this is really true, i agree!
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:08 pm
by wagordy
What an idiot.
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:29 am
by wolfe
Well, since it seems my fake post stirred some emotions. But it was based on a likely scenario.
Here's a no-shit real quote from Haynesworth, "I'd be disappointed because that would mean they don't really want me here long term," Haynesworth said Thursday. "If they franchise me, I feel like they don't really want me here long term, then I'll prepare myself to play like that."
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... 002/SPORTS
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:04 am
by Oompa Midgets
Prepare to play like that?!? Does he mean his fat ass won't give it his all again? If so he is just screwing himself for that contract the next season!
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:59 am
by Oompa Midgets
Last year Lions defensive tackle Cory Redding signed a seven-year, $49 million contract with $16 million guaranteed. Speck will likely seek a better deal for Haynesworth.
DAMN, with his demeanor and injury issues I would hate to give him this kind of money!!!