Page 1 of 1

McNair retires as a Titan

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:33 pm
by wolfe
QB Steve McNair signed a 7-year $19 million contract with the Tennessee Titans today that included a $18.5 million signing bonus. McNair promptly retired saying, "I've always wanted to retire as a Titan. I'm glad we could work something out so it could be done." During the signing and retiring ceremonies, McNair was not allowed to enter the Titans' complex by order of K.S. 'Bud' Adams, Jr. Instead the events were held at Hooters in Downtown Nashville.

Kelley Bloom, hostess for Hooters, said, "I'm really, really happy for him. It's so cool that I got to watch it happen." After the retirement ceremonies kitchen worker Pancho Escobar remarked, "Perdone seƱor. Tengo que limpiar esta mesa."

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:09 pm
by wolfe
The Tennessee Titans organization today has sued former NFL QB Steve McNair for breach of contract and seeks retribution of its bonus paid to the player that retired 10 days ago.

The MVP quarterback retired 23 minutes after he re-signed with the team that he played a majority of his career. Titans Owner K.S. "Bud" Adams, Jr., was fucking pissed off by that move. "That's my money!", screamed a red-faced Adams from his Houston home.

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:21 am
by Oompa Midgets
wolfe wrote:The Tennessee Titans organization today has sued former NFL QB Steve McNair for breach of contract and seeks retribution of its bonus paid to the player that retired 10 days ago.
Image