Fighting with strangers
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:48 am
I listed an item on eBay recently. After sending me a technical question about the product, a user sent me a message about another auction that was similar to mine. I thought I would post our discussion here for (mine) and everyone's amusement.
From ebay user wrote:Do you have a twin who is also selling this same set of speakers. If not
what is the joke??
I feel sure you know this is listed 2 times and under
twp different ebay namess.
from me wrote:Nope. No twin here. There are over a dozen auctions right now for these
speakers. Are you referring to auctions 220207979657 and 220207982283?
Those look similar.
from ebay user wrote:No my friend I am not talking about either of the two you mentioned. I am
talking about your 140212259628 and your buddy's 160214586982 . They are
not just simular, they are related and yes, I can see that they were
written by the same person. Looks like somebody is not on the up and up
here. I stand by that statement. Not many are listed maybe 10, it's funny
how you listed the two you picked out, and missed the one just doww from
you and listed only 9 hours after yours with the exact same wording and
offering the same sound card as well. I was born at night but not last
night.
from me wrote:I can't prevent someone from copying my auction description. They probably
had the same problem I did in that they upgraded to Vista and realized
their speakers and sound card aren't compatible. There are differences:
Location, picture, shipping options.
I resent your accusation.
from ebay user wrote:If you were smart you would appreciate the accusation. If you are not at fault here, and again if you were not dense, you would remember that I did not say you were the deceptive one. I said something was not on the up and up, and even an idiot can see that something is out of character here. This just is not an incedent, some one has made a point of listing the same item 2 times, down to the identical sound card for the same upgrade reason that I just resorted to using cheep speakers rather than upgrade. Identical copied wording.
Let me also add that I to had the problem with the digital speakes from my old gateway computer, not working on my new computer. It took me a few days, but I knew that there had to be a solution that would not cost any money to solve, and would result in me being able to use me digital Boston Speakers on any brand computer. I resolved that problem and it cost nothing. Now I enjoy the speakers on my new computer. Simple solution, however it does take a brain to figure it out.
from me wrote:If you have a problem with an auction then contact eBay. I don't have time to scan every auction looking for copycats and suspicious listings.
But thanks for the condescending message. I always love starting my day reading spelling errors and bad grammar. Congratulations on solving your computer problems. You must be that "Best Computer Guy in the World" that I keep hearing about. (Condescension intended.)