I am a Michael Phelps hater.
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:30 am
I am a Michael Phelps hater. There I said it. Maybe I just hate the idea of celebrating Michael Phelps, but it sounds better to say, "I am a Michael Phelps Hater." I don't really know Phelps and I've never watched an interview with him. I guess it is just the ridiculous events in the Olympics I hate.
What I hate most about the Olympics is they just make up events and act like it is an individual sport. So Michael Phelps has a more gold metals than anyone else. So what? They are ALL in swimming. That's just one thing! He's the best at swimming on his back. He's the best at swimming on his front. He's the best "medley" swimmer. He's the best at swimming 100m. He's the best at swimming 200m. It's all swimming! There are 34 swimming events at the Olympics this year. They should take all these events and merge them into one water-based decathlon. Call it a wetcathlon or whatever. Add in the diving events, too. There are 8 different diving events. How many different ways do you need to jump into water?
So take all those gold metals and melt them down into one. Micheal Phelps is the world's best swimmer. To celebrate him as an eleven (at the moment) time gold metal winner is silly.
What I hate most about the Olympics is they just make up events and act like it is an individual sport. So Michael Phelps has a more gold metals than anyone else. So what? They are ALL in swimming. That's just one thing! He's the best at swimming on his back. He's the best at swimming on his front. He's the best "medley" swimmer. He's the best at swimming 100m. He's the best at swimming 200m. It's all swimming! There are 34 swimming events at the Olympics this year. They should take all these events and merge them into one water-based decathlon. Call it a wetcathlon or whatever. Add in the diving events, too. There are 8 different diving events. How many different ways do you need to jump into water?
So take all those gold metals and melt them down into one. Micheal Phelps is the world's best swimmer. To celebrate him as an eleven (at the moment) time gold metal winner is silly.