Page 1 of 2
IR Violators
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:36 am
by the Man, the Myth...
I know we all lead busy lifes and some rank fantasy football as low on the totem pole of things that are important. Some people log on once a week and set their line-up and thats it. Thats fine if thats how you want to use your $50. But we need to start inforcing the rules. There is one team that has 2 players on IR and they are not listed as OUT or as being on IR. As a matter of fact, one of the players actually played in a game on Sunday and scored a TD!! That team is carrying 27 players and has an advantage now that we are into the bye weeks. I have chosen to carry Bob Sanders for the 5 or 6 weeks until hes ready to play and have been responsible to put him on and take him off the IR when necessary. And no, I didnt check every team in both leagues so I cant give you numbers as to a percentage of teams that have violations. I just happened to check one. I just know that 2 weeks is more than ample time to make the adjustments needed. And no, I dont have a solution to the problem, thats what this post is for....anyone else have any ideas or complaints?
Re: IR Violators
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:52 am
by wolfe
Ok, calm down. I noticed that this morning also. I was going to send out reminders to those owners when I get home tonight.
But let this be a first warning. Review your IR list and keep up with weekly. Activate the "healthy" players on your IR or they will be kicked off your roster Sunday morning.
Re: IR Violators
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:26 pm
by eazye187
If we know that they will be out for a while, is it okay to leave them there as long as they are "Out" on Sunday morning? This, rather than bouncing someone off and on the roster and the IR?
E
Re: IR Violators
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:42 pm
by wolfe
We need to follow the NFL injury report. Anything else is just speculation.
It's too much of a gray area to use sports radio/tv or fantasy sites as a guide for who will play. The NFL injury report is released several times a week and is our only absolute answer.
If we had transaction fees or a waiver wire, I might have different thoughts. But we shouldn't be floating players in IR just because of a rumor.
Re: IR Violators
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:20 pm
by wolfe
I just sent out e-mail reminders to all the offenders. Get your IR rosters in line.
Re: IR Violators
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:32 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
wolfe wrote:Ok, calm down. I noticed that this morning also. I was going to send out reminders to those owners when I get home tonight.
But let this be a first warning. Review your IR list and keep up with weekly. Activate the "healthy" players on your IR or they will be kicked off your roster Sunday morning.
Lets say this scenario happens. Then what? Im assuming that The Commish would have to drop those players from the teams. Seeing as though there is no waiver wire, The Commish could pick up dropped players immediately following the drop if he so choses. So how do we make it fair as far as being able to add one of the dropped players? None of them could be picked up until after 12 central time on Sunday? Or set a time for the following Monday? Just curious as to what would happen.
Re: IR Violators
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:38 pm
by Agitator
my guys were listed out last week. i left on tuesday to go to florida for el guapo's wedding.
i'm sorry, i was unable to keep up with anything this week. i didn't even know they played yesterday.
i'll try to not let it happen again.
now that i'm completely broke, i should be in town for a while now.
Re: IR Violators
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:01 am
by wolfe
Congrats el Guapo! A win and a wife in one week.
Re: IR Violators
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:40 pm
by eazye187
Jeff, have you seen this?
Prevent Owners From Submitting Lineups In Case Of An IR Violation
We’re happy to announce a new feature for fantasy football leagues that use Injured Reserve. If you go to the “Injured Reserve Setup” page, you’ll see a field there called “In case of an IR violation, prevent owner from submitting lineup?”. It defaults to “No”, which is the way that the site’s always worked – owners can still submit a lineup even if they have an IR violation.
However, if you change that option to “Yes”, that will prevent owners from submitting a lineup if they have an IR violation – for example, a player that’s not listed as “Out” on their IR.
As always, let us know if you have any questions regarding this new feature, or any other suggestions for improving the site.
Re: IR Violators
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:12 pm
by Oompa Midgets
eazye187 wrote:Jeff, have you seen this?
Prevent Owners From Submitting Lineups In Case Of An IR Violation
We’re happy to announce a new feature for fantasy football leagues that use Injured Reserve. If you go to the “Injured Reserve Setup” page, you’ll see a field there called “In case of an IR violation, prevent owner from submitting lineup?”. It defaults to “No”, which is the way that the site’s always worked – owners can still submit a lineup even if they have an IR violation.
However, if you change that option to “Yes”, that will prevent owners from submitting a lineup if they have an IR violation – for example, a player that’s not listed as “Out” on their IR.
As always, let us know if you have any questions regarding this new feature, or any other suggestions for improving the site.
I told him about that a week or two ago.