Page 1 of 1
Fumbles
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:21 pm
by eazye187
Apologies if this has been brought up before, but is there a reason why we used Fumble Recoveries as an IDP stat rather than Fumbles Forced? It would seem to me that FF is more representative a skill whereas FR is just being lucky or in the right spot.
E
Re: Fumbles
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:59 pm
by Oompa Midgets
It has been brought up numerous times, but some of the owners feel that the actual turnover is more important. You could have 4 forced fumbles, but if your team doesn't recover any of them they don't really matter. I myself would prefer one point for a forced fumble and 3 points for a fumble recovery.
Re: Fumbles
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:05 pm
by eazye187
Oompa Midgets wrote:It has been brought up numerous times, but some of the owners feel that the actual turnover is more important. You could have 4 forced fumbles, but if your team doesn't recover any of them they don't really matter. I myself would prefer one point for a forced fumble and 3 points for a fumble recovery.
I agree with that part of it, but I think forcing them should be worth something. I think FF is what separates some of the average IDP from the elite IDP. I don't think it would make a HUGE difference in scoring because the player with the most FF last year only had 7, but recovered 0.
E