Page 1 of 1

Waivers revisited......

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:56 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
Its always been questionable whether or not you should drop a player thats already played or not. As the rules are currently, there is no rule against it. I dont have a particular problem with dropping a player AFTER his game is finished. Our waiver system is something I like in these leagues.
But Oompa drops his kicker while he is in like the 3rd maybe 4th quarter of his game? He has no other kicker on his team and the kicker he did have was not done playing. Should we not stop this? That is going too far. A team could technically part ways with a player after a game....but not during the game. Everyones defense is to keep things as real as possible. That is an unreal situation. In my humble opinion, the Commish could make his own ruling on this matter without it even going to a vote!!

Re: Waivers revisited......

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:31 pm
by Oompa Midgets
If there is no rule against it and it is allowed why the hell should we ask the commish to do something about it?!?

You're lucky the :bawling: smilie isn't working right now :lol:

Re: Waivers revisited......

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:53 pm
by wolfe
There may not be a way to prevent dropping your kicker during his game, but it is clearly not in the spirit of rules. This is similar to that Atari Bigby stunt you pulled a few years back. It's pretty sad that you have try to trick the system to pick up players.

Re: Waivers revisited......

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:24 pm
by Oompa Midgets
I'm not the only one that does it. Hell, it was done by someone else minutes after you posted this ;)

Re: Waivers revisited......

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 pm
by The Guru
I do it all the time and twice on Sunday if I need too. I have brought it up and no one was interested in cracking down it, so I abuse it or lose it..haha I have quit trying to introduce what I thought were small tweaks to the system for a fairer game; no more from me. Ill vote when ask but thats is it. You should that by Punisher. Your team is one of the best why care?

Re: Waivers revisited......

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 am
by the Man, the Myth...
Ummmmm... this post was started in 2011. We are currently in 2012.....well at least 11 of us are! :P