Page 1 of 2
The Oompa Midgets...
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:30 pm
by Oompa Midgets
will be stepping down as owner of the Oompa Loompas and Bitter Midgets. It has been a blast being in each league from their inception. The 1st league for 15 years, and the 2nd for 11 years. I didn't realize it had been that long. Guess time really does fly when you're having fun. I'm confident that I am leaving behind good rosters for the incoming owner(s) to choose their freezers from.
Both franchises have enjoyed success. They hold the current all-time records for regular season victories. The Oompa Loompas won 123 games along with 2 championships, and the Bitter Midgets have 98 wins with 3 consecutive league titles. They also have the best records in a regular season going 13-1 and 12-2.
If you get together for the draft(s) I'd still like to attend. I wish you all the best, take care and God Bless!
Much Love,
Anthony Fowler
Re: The Oompa Midgets...
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:47 pm
by wolfe
That's unfortunate, Anthony, you'll be missed. Let us know if you change your mind.
Re: The Oompa Midgets...
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:15 am
by Jonathan S.
Goodbye Anferney....and farewell.
Re: The Oompa Midgets...
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 am
by wagordy
Very bummed... Hope you change your mind.
Re: The Oompa Midgets...
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:22 am
by bstock
What? Are you going on a baby jesus mission to the congo or something?
Re: The Oompa Midgets...
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:12 am
by the Man, the Myth...
Seriously?? You cant leave can you?? Isnt there a rule you have to be around? Who else will I field ridiculous trade offers from??

If you do end up leaving, can you trade me Peterson real cheap?? Seriously, best of luck if you do leave! Wont be the same without you!
Re: The Oompa Midgets...
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:08 pm
by wagordy
wagordy wrote:Very bummed... Hope you change your mind.
Re: The Oompa Midgets...
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:24 pm
by The Guru
ok I am waiting for the punch line... This cant be happening...hope you change your mind... It is the most fun battling a darn good player. Dont know why you made the decision, but whatever it is I am sure you can spend 2 hrs out of the week to play, instead of your normal 80 hr a week fantasy football job.. Not going to be very much fun without you dude. Dont know if it is worth playing now..if I do, it wont be the same. We dont start till August at least think about it some more ... Guranteed by wk 2 you will be dieing to come back.
Anyways, hope this decision brings you whatever your searching for and wish you the best on however you spend those extra 80 hrs during the fall. You disappointed all your buds man you cant do that. Just messing with you - good luck!
Re: The Oompa Midgets...
Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:32 pm
by Oompa Midgets
I appreciate the sentiments, but I won't change my mind so you may go ahead and find replacement owners. That is why I wanted to let you know sooner rather than later.
bstock, that sounds awesome! Let me know if you'd like to come with
Lol Guru, no punch line forthcoming. I'll probably miss it when football season rolls around, but there are more important things for me to spend my 80 hours a week on

Re: The Oompa Midgets...
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:21 am
by Agitator
Damn... No heads up or anything. I haven't logged onto the smackroom in while. i dont spend nearly as much time reaearching everything since I've got two sons now (6 & almost 2). I've always enjoyed this league the most.
Anthony.... You are the one that got me involved with these bunch of misfits! I've gained a lot of friendships because of you. As they already said, it really will not be the same without you.