Page 1 of 3
Draft Day 2014
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:53 am
by wolfe
How would Saturday, August 23 @ noon work for Draft Day?
Re: Draft Day 2014
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:51 am
by the Man, the Myth...
I love the day....the time might be a slight problem. I have another draft scheduled for the exact same time and date. That draft time might be able to be moved. Or if we could move this one back to 3. Let's see what everyone else has to say here. I do want to do both on the same day so that isn't an issue.
Re: Draft Day 2014
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:26 pm
by wolfe
I'm OK with that. I have a draft at 3pm on Sunday which is why I suggested Saturday.
Will Gordy was thinking about hosting it at his new house in Thompson Station. We also need to get feedback on that to make sure that everyone can make it down there. It feels about 1,000 miles away from Nashville. But 4 of us (Will, Michelle, Ernie and I) are already within a few miles of his house.
We want everyone to be there. A remote draft is available if needed. But communication with remote drafters are always a problem because of Internet issues, breaks, etc.
Re: Draft Day 2014
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:23 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
Actually I'm open to changing the date as well.....sorry....forgot something the wife had us scheduled to do. If it can't change, no big deal....I will work something out. Maybe everyone else will weigh in soon.
Re: Draft Day 2014
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:35 pm
by The Guru
Ill probably have to auto draft but a Saturday after 2 or 3 may allow me to attend live.
Re: Draft Day 2014
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:54 pm
by woody
The 23rd is perfect for me. Like John and Shane, moving it back to 3 or 4 would help me.
I can make Thompson Station too.
I will be out of town the following weekend.
Re: Draft Day 2014
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 am
by the Man, the Myth...
IS Sunday the 24th possible?
Re: Draft Day 2014
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:28 pm
by wolfe
I can probably do Sunday. I have another draft at 2pm. It should take about an hour.
Re: Draft Day 2014
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:22 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
Man, that would be absolutely awesome! If everyone doesn't agree on that, then I will try my best to make Saturday work but Sunday would help me out a lot. I appreciate you considering moving it to Sunday!
Also, if everyone is trying to make the effort to be there in person, I can probably do that as well. I am in Murfreesboro so it isn't that far for me either. I didn't think we were having that much of a problem the last few years with doing it online. Seemed to go alright with me. I mean we are still going to make our picks from our own pc anyway aren't we? I'm not trying to be anti-social, it just saves some time and gas.
But, I will tote the back to back Championship mugs with me and drink a beer out of each one per past MTFFL tradition!!
Re: Draft Day 2014
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:46 pm
by The Guru
Sundays not good at all for me. In the evening on Saturdays works best. I am not trying to work around other drafts, I am just trying to be available. I don't mind setting my auto draft if my times don't work well with others.