Page 1 of 1

The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:10 pm
by wolfe
### FULL DISCLOSURE ###
Why the Rednecks have a starting lineup.

Friday I noticed that the Rednecks were the only team that had not submitted a starting lineup for Week 1. The Rednecks' players (Nelson, Matthews & Clinton-Dix) scored 32.3 points in the Thursday game. I thought I sent an email reminder to David. I can't find the email, so probably I didn't hit send.

Sunday morning when I checked, the Rednecks still didn't have a starting lineup.
I start texting.
Me: [11:07am] David, your lineup please.
David: [11:53am] Can you submit for me?
Me: [11:53am] Really?
David: [11:54am] Yes Really. The goddam website won't work
Me: [11:56am] You don't even have a kicker.
David: [12:00pm] I know. Just have to not start one.
Me: [12:01pm] I dropped the last guy you drafted and picked up a kicker. The site won't let you submit a lineup without a kicker

I dropped Cecil Shorts who was drafted 13.04. He wasn't the last guy drafted by the Rednecks. I was probably clicking too fast to notice. I picked up kicker Vinatieri.

I didn't start any of the players that played on Thursday. I didn't start Welker (suspension). I guessed at what I thought he may start based on keepers and draft order.

The Rednecks are going to win the matchup. Rednecks Calvin Johnson and and Eric Berry had big games. No one on the Ossified Beatniks had a really good game. So it probably wouldn't make a big difference who I submitted in the lineup.

I just wanted to make sure no one has a problem with what happened. I would have hated it more if the Rednecks didn't submit a staring lineup at all. I would have done it for anyone else in the league.

The Starting Lineups are carried over from now on. Make sure to update your lineup based on team bye weeks, injuries and suspensions. I don't want a team to get an easy win because some other owner forgets. Contact me if you have a problem getting your lineup in. If you don't have my contact info, get it.

Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:23 am
by Jonathan S.
I get it....no freebies....wait...except for HFA.

Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:55 pm
by wolfe
....

Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:18 pm
by woody
Jeff, I trust you to be ethical and it sounds like you were in this case. Hopefully, the lineup not being set prior to the season kicking off was a fluke. I managed to set my lineup, using my phone, while in the little town of Gardiner, MT, just outside Yellowstone Nat'l Park.

Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:16 pm
by wildest fantasy
This is a terrible injustice and I won't stand for it!!!

Just kidding. Sounds legit and I'm OK with it. Some of the beatniks didn't show up to play so we lost. A performance we are not likely to repeat.

Although... the rednecks did have plenty of time to set his lineup and chose to wait till the last minute. When my kids do that stuff we give them extra chores. Maybe David should come over and do my laundry and dishes?

Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:22 pm
by wolfe
I like that idea, Eric. Do the dishes David!

Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:37 pm
by Jonathan S.
Operator error....and Wolfe hates purposeful punctuation.

Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:14 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
Jeff has always proven to be an honest owner so I don't see the problem with it.

Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:13 pm
by wagordy
I think Dave has an iPhone. MFL Platinum I think is free and Michelle uses it to submit her lineup.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mfl-pla ... 10130?mt=8