Page 1 of 1

Hate to be like this.....

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:04 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
but I have been called out for it several times. Peterson can not be put on IR. The team suspended him, he is not injured.

Re: Hate to be like this.....

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:41 pm
by wolfe
That is strange how MFL has him marked. I don't think the team or league officially suspended him. The Vikings just deactivated him from the game day roster, so his status became Out (O).

According to the league settings, suspended players (S) can not be placed on IR.

So technically everything is working as it should. I'd love to hear a few more opinions on this from other owners. It's not really in the 'spirit' of how our IR should be used.

Re: Hate to be like this.....

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:52 pm
by eazye187
I think within the letter of the rules, it's legal. No different than a healthy scratch. It's similar to Greg Hardy today as well.

E

Re: Hate to be like this.....

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:58 am
by Jonathan S.
You can't put a player on IR who is not injured. ADP was deactivated and not injured.

Re: Hate to be like this.....

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:55 pm
by wildest fantasy
I think the IR violations before were regarding suspended players. Sorry guys, but AP was not suspended he was Out (O). The rules clearly state a player listed as (O) can be placed on IR. I was not trying to cheat and I have reactivated him to my roster since he is no longer listed as (O).

We have to follow the official listing and if we don't allow players that are (O) to be placed on IR some of us are gonna have a hard time fielding a competitive team. I have 3 other players on IR all listed as (O) and the news just came out that Charles Tillman is out for the season although the site doesn't show it yet.

I think this confusion is a result of the league and teams being hypersensitive with all the Ray Rice stuff going on. The grand jury failed to indict him months ago when this happened but now a second grand jury indicts him? It seems the hot gossip is about NFL players these days. I hope some reporter doesn't dig up some dirt on one of your players for a juicy story.