Page 1 of 1
private messages
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:57 am
by thechosenone
it is not been notifying or emailing me when i have a p.m. ???
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:40 pm
by wolfe
Are the e-mail notices slow to arrive or do you never get them at all?
The last Private Message that I received was last Saturday and I got the e-mail message later than expected. I had already responded to the PM before I got the e-mail. I didn't research the situation enough to look at the e-mail and PM times.
Scott, Is this what happened to you? Has anyone else experienced this?
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:24 pm
by thechosenone
that and i checked my p/m 's thinking i should have one by then and i had received it but when i clicked ont he smack room it did not pop up saying that i had a p/m nor did it show at the p/m icon..i hope i have not confused you
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:22 pm
by wolfe
So you are saying that the e-mails are slow right?
For the pop-up window, do you have any pop-up blockers installed?
I may be confused. Which "p/m icon" are you referring to? Where is it?
Were you already on the site when you received the PM? I don't think it will automatically give a pop-up window if you are already on the site or if you have visited the site before it considers you as 'timed-out' (which I think have it set at 5 minutes). It only give the pop-up window when you log in or enter the Smack Room from an outside link.
I'll have to dig through the code to see if this is true.
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:10 pm
by thechosenone
it is working again...i just got a pm and it ran smooth like it used to do